Author Topic: Thinking about a Taylor?  (Read 622 times)

Bigperk66

Thinking about a Taylor?
« on: January 27, 2019, 10:14:05 AM »
I found a 2003 W10. Could you tell me your opinions of the guitar? Thanks for your feed back!
2003 Martin D-28
2014 Blueridge BR-63AS (For Sale)

Every day when you get up, you have a simple choice...you can have a good day, or you can have a bad day. It's up to you....no one else!

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
Re: Thinking about a Taylor?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 10:47:32 AM »
If you like the sound and feel of dreadnoughts, this guitar may not sound like the classic rosewood or mahogany dreadnought. Walnut has the immediate response of maple, but with added depth and power.  I'm a big fan of walnut backed guitars as I have two walnut Taylor grand auditoriums. I love the tonal clarity of these guitars.

So Taylor IMO does walnut better than almost anyone else. I hope you find what you're looking for. Thanks for your service.
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Bigperk66

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 06:11:20 PM »
If you like the sound and feel of dreadnoughts, this guitar may not sound like the classic rosewood or mahogany dreadnought. Walnut has the immediate response of maple, but with added depth and power.  I'm a big fan of walnut backed guitars as I have two walnut Taylor grand auditoriums. I love the tonal clarity of these guitars.

So Taylor IMO does walnut better than almost anyone else. I hope you find what you're looking for. Thanks for your service.
Thank you sir....I appreciate the info. I really liked the W10.  For it's age, it was in good shape, and It felt very "played in". I think it had some mojo for sure. Still thinking about it. at xx bucks, not a bad deal, but not cheap by any stretch of the imagination either.

$, per forum rules
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:19:03 PM by TaylorGirl »
2003 Martin D-28
2014 Blueridge BR-63AS (For Sale)

Every day when you get up, you have a simple choice...you can have a good day, or you can have a bad day. It's up to you....no one else!

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 06:19:51 PM »
As I recall, the aesthetics are pretty nice on that model as well, which may be part of the higher price. Hope it all works out for you!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood