Author Topic: Taylor 317 Grand Pacific in the wild  (Read 613 times)

Frettingflyer

• Veteran Member
Taylor 317 Grand Pacific in the wild
« on: February 18, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »
Kind of a tease here because I only got to play this for a few minutes and listen to someone else play for about 5 minutes. My LGS didn’t have it out but produced it as I was leaving, just out of the box and not even tagged yet.
I am not the best at describing sound, so I wouldn’t want to say much without further play, but it really isn’t a classic “Taylor” sound, but also not exactly a duplicate of anything I have played. The guitar was very comfortable, and I have had rotator cuff issues that have made even the GA not feel great sometimes. The neck was super easy to play, I found myself sliding past my intended fret at first because of this. The new neck profile is a “winner” for me at first blush.
V-class, so in tune all the way up the fretboard, good sustain and great harmonics from this particular guitar.
I am not in the market, but I think they may have built something to expand our Taylor collections and gather in more Taylor fans.
The case looked funny, I had not heard they were doing a special case but it looked good and distinctive.
Great new addition to the lineup all around.
Dave
2014 Koa GS Mini-e FLTD (for the wife)
2004 314ce,
2014 custom GC Coco/Euro spruce
2015 Wildwood 812ce 12 fret
2016 522ce 12 fret
2019 K24ce BE
2021 322e
2017 Blackbird Lucky 13
2019 Mcpherson Sable