Author Topic: Bone Colosi saddle on 814ce  (Read 1855 times)

dcopper

Bone Colosi saddle on 814ce
« on: December 15, 2012, 06:36:16 PM »
Hey all,
Just added a bone saddle from Bob Colosi and I have to say that his directions and emphasis on "patience" made the sanding, fit and end product well worth the effort. I wanted a little more depth and bottom end on my 814ce TB short scale and I am very happy with the results. The sanding and fitting process went easily and with patience, a perfect fit and finish. My 814ce is a 2012 with the CV bracing and I think the guitar approaches what I hear in a 914ce, but as we all know, no two guitars are alike. Just wanted to encourage anyone who is looking to try a new saddle, that it is easily done - took me about an hour or so, with gentle sanding and constant checking the fit and comparison with the stock tusq saddle.
Well worth it - thanks again to Bob for such an excellent product.
Now I may try the second one I ordered in my 814ce cocobolo 2012 Sp LTD or perhaps the 2012 Fall LTD Quilted sapele...
davidc   8)
2011 914ce
2012 814ce TBSS
2012 Spring LTD 814ce Cocobolo
2012 FLTD GAce Quilted Sapele
2003 NS74ce coco
T5Custom KOA
T5 Standard Bl
PRSs/Brian Moore C45P/89 Strat
Too many gizmos and amps!

asguitar1

Re: Bone Colosi saddle on 814ce
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 05:56:11 AM »
A good bone saddle makes a huge improvement in tone over a Tusq saddle and Bob makes the best products with the best service.
Taylor 412CE
Martin LX1
Santa Cruz OM
Epiphone Broadway
Fender Strat
Gamboa Charango
Slingerland Banjo

UberJohn

Re: Bone Colosi saddle on 814ce
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 06:24:12 AM »
Have you tried bone bridge pins as well?  They will accentuate the effect you are seeing with the bone saddle.  More overtones, mids, volume, and sustain.  More "girth."  I just added a bone saddle to my 2015 814CE which already had bone bridge pins.   With D'Addario EJ19 light top / medium bottom Phosphor bronze strings, it is a whole new guitar.  It has definitely moved a long way towards the Martin end of the tone spectrum.  I'm going to try Elixir HD Lights for the next string change.