Author Topic: Received My Buffalo Leather Strap  (Read 1299 times)

Minnesotaman

• Veteran Member
Received My Buffalo Leather Strap
« on: November 19, 2017, 06:56:28 PM »
Received the buffalo leather strap I ordered. Wow is it ever soft. Goes on and comes off the Taylor strap buttons easier than any strap I've used and I really like that. It feels real thin and a little cheap but it's not. I wish I would have got the 3" instead of the 2". The 2"  is ok for short periods and not your heavier guitars. The 3" would be best for band situation and gigs. Over all I give it two thumbs up and a snap

Soof

Re: Received My Buffalo Leather Strap
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 10:55:53 PM »
Is that a Lakota Leathers Strap  ???
Martin D-20 12 string (1970)
Yamaha APX500III
Taylor 110e Prototype (2016)
Fender Squier Vintage Modified 70s Tele
Reville MV-XM (actually a very nice Gibson copy!)
Donner Strat (copy)

Minnesotaman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 05:14:38 AM »
Yes it is. All forum members should purchase one. I have been to the res many times. these people live a life of poverty. By purchasing a strap you help provide jobs and hope for a better life. Buying a strap is a win, win proposition, You help these people with a job and a leg up plus you get a GREAT strap. Bob Taylor should look into getting the Taylor Lpgo put on these and selling these as the official Taylor strap. Saving people can be as important as saving trees and would not cost him any more moola than he spends already and get a better product. 8)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 08:37:46 AM »
Yes it is. All forum members should purchase one. I have been to the res many times. these people live a life of poverty. By purchasing a strap you help provide jobs and hope for a better life. Buying a strap is a win, win proposition, You help these people with a job and a leg up plus you get a GREAT strap. Bob Taylor should look into getting the Taylor Lpgo put on these and selling these as the official Taylor strap. Saving people can be as important as saving trees and would not cost him any more moola than he spends already and get a better product. 8)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
A great idea!

Thanks for the review too.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 08:05:10 PM »
I knew that'd you'd like it!  Is it flashy, heck no, but man does it serve its purpose well!!!   8)
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

Fairlight

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 07:01:40 PM »
Love the softness yet very durable. Attaches well to the end pins and rolls up nicely for case storage. Plus that leather smell... mmmm

Soof

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 10:40:02 PM »
I spoke with Kenny the other day and ordered a choc brown 3" strap.

Can't wait for Mr Postman to show up !
Martin D-20 12 string (1970)
Yamaha APX500III
Taylor 110e Prototype (2016)
Fender Squier Vintage Modified 70s Tele
Reville MV-XM (actually a very nice Gibson copy!)
Donner Strat (copy)

letutur

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 10:53:34 AM »
I know your post was to promote the Buffalo ones but I have to say that my discovery of couch guitar straps changed the game in my perception. These guys use recycled vynils from cars and seat belts to build straps and so far I am delighted with their design.

Minnesotaman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 01:42:22 PM »
I know your post was to promote the Buffalo ones but I have to say that my discovery of couch guitar straps changed the game in my perception. These guys use recycled vynils from cars and seat belts to build straps and so far I am delighted with their design.
I have one of these lying around somewhere. I wasn't impressed. Like comparing a fine porterhouse steak with rabbit poo.

letutur

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 02:48:31 PM »
Humm I am at my 3rd one frm Couch and still no complain on their quality but heck its good that we all have diverse expectations and taste. Makes a world of opportunities for vendors ! ( I am refraining to comment on your comparison)