Author Topic: Nomad Music - The Humitar, Acoustic Guitar Soundhole Humidifier  (Read 1494 times)

ak4seven

Nomad Music - The Humitar, Acoustic Guitar Soundhole Humidifier
« on: September 13, 2017, 11:34:41 AM »
Not sure if this is the correct place to post but I recently purchased this product and had a concern. I've been using this product a few weeks and just yesterday noticed that a brown spot appeared on the sponge. I'm assuming it's mold but wanted to ask everyone the best course of action.

Now I've been using RO system water (Reverse Osmosis System) or filtered. So the water is clean, for sure. It's been working great considering it's keeping my case at 50% humidity. Just that I got surprised that it could be mold.

Should I use vinegar or something else to clean the sponge out? I will be replacing the sponge but just for a precaution in the future, in case the new sponge molds...

cc7

• The Elderly Brothers of Chicagoland on YouTube
Re: Nomad Music - The Humitar, Acoustic Guitar Soundhole Humidifier
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 06:37:54 PM »
I'm sure you can rinse out the vinegar but I would be reluctant to possibly introduce that odor to the guitar.

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
Re: Nomad Music - The Humitar, Acoustic Guitar Soundhole Humidifier
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:07:51 PM »
I would be more inclined to use liquid chlorine bleach, which is great for killing mold and completely evaporates.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke