Author Topic: Excitedly awaying delivery of my first Taylor - a beautiful 310e !  (Read 2121 times)

cotten

Re: Excitedly awaying delivery of my first Taylor - a beautiful 310e !
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »
My recommendation would be to just play it more for a while. Get used to playing acoustic guitars again, then decide. I would probably keep Mediums on it. You can certainly go to Lights, and probably will not have to make any adjustments. You might notice a little bit less bass and projection, but I suspect most folks wouldn't notice any difference. Elixir makes several variations that you might want to consider:
Extra Light .010 - .047 - I wouldn't use these on your 310, unless you have a specific need for them.
Custom Light .011 - .052 - Ditto.
Light .012 - .053 - Worth a shot.
Light-Medium .012 - .056 - If it's the trebles that you are noticing feel stiff, then perhaps this would be a good compromise.
Medium .013 - .056 - Probably what came on your 310.
HD Light .013 - .053 - If the trebles feel okay, but the bass strings seem to be a bit stiff, this might help.

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Excitedly awaying delivery of my first Taylor - a beautiful 310e !
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 07:25:29 PM »
Hello and welcome, Ken. So sorry to hear about your Alvarez. No doubt it held a special place in your heart. My pastor plays an Alvarez that the church purchased for her after many years of service. They are nice guitars.

Congrats on your new Taylor--the pics are gorgeous! I LOVE the tonal qualities of the 3xx (sapele) and 4xx series (ovangkol). They are my favorite even though they lack the bling of their more expensive siblings named 5xx, 6xx, 7xx, 8xx, and 9xx. ;)

Great to have you here with us. :)
Cindy