Author Topic: Taylor Fan From The Midwest  (Read 751 times)

guitarmac62

Taylor Fan From The Midwest
« on: January 16, 2017, 11:38:53 AM »
Hello fellow Taylor fans. I actually joined the forum a few months ago but just now getting around to posting an intro. Here's how I came to be a Taylor fan...
I've been playing "at" guitar for over 30 years. I have owned many different acoustics & electrics over the years. Didn't pay much attention to Taylors in the past because they were usually out of my price range. I used to think Martins were the "Holy Grail" of acoustics (and they are VERY nice guitars, not knocking them one bit) so one day I decided to splurge on a Martin. I went to a local dealer and they gave me a great deal on a new Martin HD16.  It was a nice guitar but I could never quite bond with it and thought it would be some sort of "guitar blasphemy" to part with it. A few years later I bought a used Taylor 114 with the intention of using it as a "backup" to the beloved Martin. However, I found myself playing the Taylor much more often than the Martin. I liked the Taylor neck better & the smaller body was more comfortable for me. Eventually I realized what I really wanted/needed was a smaller body, acoustic-electric with a cutaway. Sooo...the Martin went to new home I bought a Taylor 214CE DLX. Haven't looked back. True story, Cheers!

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Taylor Fan From The Midwest
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 12:10:26 PM »
Cool intro, welcome! Nothing wrong with Martins, that's for sure. Lots of love for them here. You have to play what speaks to you.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:36:08 PM by TaylorGirl »
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

NavyChap

• Veteran Member
Re: Taylor Fan From The Midwest
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 12:39:06 PM »
guitarmac62 -- welcome to the forum -- and the Taylor family!!!
2015 Taylor 314ce
1997 Taylor 414ce
2005 Zager ZAD50CE
2016 Seagull S6 Original
2016 Epiphone PR-5E/N