Author Topic: Anyone have any good jokes to share?  (Read 13261 times)

Minnesotaman

• Veteran Member
Re: Anyone have any good jokes to share?
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2017, 09:52:37 PM »
Last night I had a dream I was a muffler, I woke up exhausted. :D

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2017, 02:24:57 PM »
Last night I had so much gas after dinner that I went to sleep and dreamed I was a tug boat captain.
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Epic Audio

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2017, 08:08:07 PM »
A woman is on trial for beating her husband to death with his guitar collection. The judge says, "First offender?" She says, "No, first a Gibson, then a Fender!"

FrankenTaylor

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2017, 09:48:59 AM »
Which instrument is difficult to do things with?

A piano, the're high strung. 

ba dump shshs  8)
"Let your smile change the world, don't let the world change your smile."

(Unknown)

Minnesotaman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2017, 01:36:19 PM »
Bassman

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2017, 02:29:13 PM »
Bassman

Ha, here it is with out the graphics.

A bunch of bass players walk into a bar.  The orchestra is playing Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, and there's a long section near the end where the basses don't play, so the bass players decide to go out and have a few beers.  They tie a string to the conductor's score, so that when he turns the page, it will tug on the string, and the bass players will know to come back for the end of the symphony. 
So the performance goes on, and eventually, the conductor looks up and realizes he's in big trouble:  It's the bottom of the Ninth, the score is tied, and the basses are loaded!
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

cotten

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2017, 11:17:18 PM »
SBF Seeks Male companionship. Age and ethnicity unimportant. I’m a young, svelte good looking girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in the woods; riding in your pickup truck; hunting, camping, fishing trips. I love cozy winter nights spent lying by the fire. Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. Rub me the right way and watch me respond. I’ll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. Kiss me and I’m yours. Call xxx-xxx-xxxx, ask for Daisy.

(The phone number was the Humane Society and Daisy was an eight-week old black Labrador Retriever. They received 643 calls in two days.)

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

Knuckle47

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2017, 10:33:15 PM »
A new teacher started her class by saying, "Everyone who thinks they're stupid, stand up!"
After a few seconds, Little Johnny stands up. 
The teacher said, "Do you think you're stupid, Little Johnny?"
 "No, ma'am, but I hate to see you standing there all by yourself!"
Taylor T5z Cocobolo
Gretsch 6136 White Falcon1965
Gretsch 6118
Gretsch Country Club
Gretsch Brian Setzer
Gibson Les Paul Recording 1971
Gibson J200
Line 6 Acoustic 700
Godin concert nylon synth
Brian Moore iGuitar
Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor ll
1970 Les Paul custom
Fender Tele b-bender
Fender Strat

cotten

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »
Not everyone knows how IHOP got its name. Some people seem to think it stands for International House of Pancakes. I have it on good authority that it actually comes from the early game of golf. The first clubs, see, were too short by today's standards. A Chinese chef was talked into trying the game. He was doing great until he accidently swatted his left foot, smashing his big toe. Somebody asked how he was going to cook. The rest is history. (Feel free to believe any part of this you like! And to ignore any part you don't.)

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

cotten

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2017, 09:47:52 AM »
When ET was accidentally left behind on earth, at first he wasn't sure how to signal his parents to come back and get him. But when he saw Elliot's baby tuba in the closet, he remembered: euphonium!

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »
 Q: What do you call a guitar player that only knows two chords?
 A: A music critic.

He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Knuckle47

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2017, 04:18:55 PM »
How do you define optimist?

A guitar player with a mortgage
Taylor T5z Cocobolo
Gretsch 6136 White Falcon1965
Gretsch 6118
Gretsch Country Club
Gretsch Brian Setzer
Gibson Les Paul Recording 1971
Gibson J200
Line 6 Acoustic 700
Godin concert nylon synth
Brian Moore iGuitar
Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor ll
1970 Les Paul custom
Fender Tele b-bender
Fender Strat

cotten

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2017, 09:12:12 PM »
How 'bout some jokes that are low blows?

What do you throw a drowning bass player?
His Amp.

What do you call a beautiful woman on a bassist's arm?
Tattoo.

What do a bass and a lawsuit have in common?
Everyone is relieved when the case is closed.

How many blues bassists does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, they're too poor to afford the replacement. (Either that or 1 - 5, 1 - 5, 1- 5...)

The worlds greatest Jazz bassist and the worlds greatest Blues bassist meet for lunch. Who pays the tab ?
Neither, they don't charge at the soup kitchen.

A boy came home from his first bass lesson. His guitarist dad asked him how it went. "Great, today we learned the open E string." The next week the boy came home from his second lesson and dad asked him how it went. "Loved it! Today we learned the open A string." A week later, the boy came home from his third lesson. Dad asked, "So did you learn the open D string today?" "Nope, didn't go. Had a gig."

The guitarist hears screaming and yelling, runs into the rehearsal room and finds the bass player and the drummer fighting. He calms them down enough to find out what's going on and the bass player says "He turned one of my tuning machines and threw my bass out of tune!!" The guitarist asks "Well, why don't you just retune it?" "He won't tell me which one!!!!"

What's the difference between a mutual fund and a bass player? The mutual fund will eventually mature and earn money.

A little boy sees a live band, and is mesmerized by the feeling of the lows coming from the bass player. It's all he talks about for days, until he tells his parents "I want to grow up and become a bass player!!!!" His father says "Son, you'll have to choose one, you can't do both."
-----------
A man decides to go on a vacation on a remote Pacific island. When he steps off the plane, it is amazing: Cool, light ocean breeze, palms gently swaying in the wind, white sandy beaches, drums off in the distance. He goes to his hotel, checks in, starts having the time of his life. When he turns in on the first night, he can still hear drums off in the distance. They were charming at first, but now it's little annoying, and he has a hard time going to sleep. The next morning, he goes to concierge and asks about the drums. The concierge replies in broken English, "Drums no stop. Very bad if stop."

So the man goes about his day in paradise and has a great time, but the drums never stop. He tries to ignore them, but they interfere with his sleep the second night. The next morning, fuzzy-headed from too many island drinks and too little sleep, again asks the concierge if something can be done about the drums. He gets the same reply: "Drums no stop! Bad if do!" The rest of the day is not fun. Now the drums are driving him crazy. He's getting no sleep, and is quite irritable. The next day he is ready leave. He packs his bags and goes up to the front desk to check out. The first the man finds the concierge to give the concierge a piece of his mind. Suddenly, the drums stop. He says to the concierge: "They finally stopped! Thank god, I can get some sleep. I was about the leave, but I think I'll stick around."

But the concierge is panicked. "No! Run now! Bad, very bad!" "But why is it so bad?" Calling back over his shoulder, the concierge yells, "Now come Bass solo! "

Soli Deo Gloria

cotten

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2017, 03:05:40 AM »
What’s brown and rhymes with Snoop?

Dr. Dre!

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

xxsierraxx

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2017, 08:44:03 PM »
The other day I asked a lion what he was doing in my wardrobe, he said "Narnia business"