Author Topic: What's the most unusual, exotic or surprising place you have played your Taylor?  (Read 1355 times)

GBYork

• Ageing Folk Rocker!
Just sat here thinking about guitars, as you do, and started thinking about some of the more unusual places I have played guitar.

For me living in the UK it was buying a Baby Taylor in San Diego and then spending late afternoon's on the beach singing and drinking wine.

When I was playing regularly in the 80s, the band I played in did an impromptu ceilidh on the deck of a ferry to Holland and a set or two in a Danish train carriage! (Guitar, double bass, fiddle and ullean pipes). man, I miss those days!

What's yours?
I've spent most of my money on women, whiskey and guitars - the rest I just wasted

Martin SP000-16TR (1996) with LR Baggs element
Taylor 712 (1999) with Fishman VT Ellipse
Tanglewood Mandolin
Fishman Loudbox (Original)

dkoloff

Airport when the TSA guys could not believe a guitar was in the case when I first got my Voyage Air a couple of years ago.....
DavidK
Taylor Custom GA
Taylor 424ce SL
Emerald x20 OS
Rainsong Shorty Gloss
Composite Acoustic OX HG
Composite Acoustic GX RAW (Peavey)
Voyage Air Vaom 1C (2)
Breedlove Pro C25 CRH
Baden D Style
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany

jeastman

A while back Taylor held a contest to win a free guitar. Simple rules - take a cool picture of you and your Taylor. I'm blessed to live by some pretty cool places, so I took along a friend and went to the Hagia Sofia, a 1500 year old church/mosque/museum. Had to pay to get the guitar and camera in and didn't end up winning, but the picture and being able to play inside was well worth it. Man I've never heard a guitar carry like that!

flaggerphil

• Florida Space Coast
On the balconies of various cruise ships in the Caribbean.
Phil

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

2006 R.Taylor Style 1 Redwood/Walnut
2016 Taylor 710e SS
2013 Taylor 528e
2003 Taylor 600-SPEC
2002 Taylor 510-LTD
2010 Taylor GS Mini-M
2006 Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
2015 Taylor T5z Classic
1937 A-Style Mandolin
Kala SMHT Ukulele