Author Topic: UPDATE: Baritone arrival (two guitars, travel I-65, pass in the night)  (Read 6324 times)

darylcrisp

Thanks for that detailed response, that was very generous of you.  I've never done a trade obviously, but think it's a pretty good way to go.  I just have to be "done" with one of my guitars (not likely any time soon) and  find the right replacement guitar/person willing to trade.  Your advice is very appreciated.

BTW, what is "rednecked".  I imagine it's something that happens to you or your car once you jumped into the river?  Talk about faith!

"rednecked" in this sense means i ship a guitar to someone unknown and i never ever get payment or hear of them or it again. its never happened.......................yet.

another, dead safe route to trading is with GuitarRodeo. Jim offers fair trade-in value, and having traded 3-4 times with him, i can vouch the instrument you receive is everything and more of what he describes to you.

darylcrisp

Re: UPDATE: Baritone arrival (two guitars, travel I-65, pass in the night)
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 07:59:54 PM »
The GT6 arrived safe and sound. Was waiting for me today at my job. After i reattached the neck and glued the bridge back on ;) i gave it the 2 minute drill as i had patients waiting.

At this very premature moment all i will say is:

1)Its a thing of outright beauty-the rosewood binding is just pure class
2)i thought it would be heavier-no reason, just because. its not, its very nice feeling and sits/handles perfectly
3)i had no idea how these heavy gauge strings would feel. no worries, they fret and feel as easy as my 516-i do notice they are visually heftier and thicker, but much easier to work with than i had anticipated
4)this thing has a deep voice. it will take me some time to learn it, but i really think this is going to be killer for some of the stuff i play

more later as i work with it and give it time to sink in. i'll get some pictures over the weekend.

d

cjd-player

• Veteran Member
  • Near Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 08:02:40 PM »
... After i reattached the neck and glued the bridge back on ;) ...
d

Yes, super glue is wonderful stuff.

Congrats on the baritone. ;D
Carl
2010 BTO GC, Redwood on EI Rosewood
2010 312ce, kept in DADGAD
2006 814ce LTD, Sitka on Mad Rosewood
2013 Composite Acoustics OX-Raw

SoloTaylor

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:30 PM »
Congrats. :)

Love the taylor baritone. Enjoy my friend.
Cheers,

Solo