Author Topic: Hello From Fort Worth, TX  (Read 1878 times)

pastorchuck

Hello From Fort Worth, TX
« on: January 02, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »
I have been a longtime member of the AGF as well as the Larrivee Forum and I am glad to join this new forum family. I have owned a Taylor in the past although I do not own one currently - they are great guitars and I enjoy reading about them and learning more about guitars in general.

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Hello From Fort Worth, TX
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »
Hello pastorchuck and welcome to the UTGF! :) You certainly don't need to own a Taylor to be here or to get involved in our discussions! I hope you will find our forum to be a very inviting place! Nice to have you here with us. :D
Cindy

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 08:40:45 PM »
Welcome, pastorchuck! I have found this to be a fantastic forum to learn about guitars. Nearly every day, I have learned something new about a different aspect of guitars from our very knowledgeable forum members. So glad you're here and look forward to seeing you over at the forum :)
2004 Taylor 614ce L30 (daughter's guitar)
2007 Taylor 612ce

barefooter

• West Virginia Hills
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »
Hello pastorchuck,

We are glad to have you join up here and we look forward to your input.  It is all about guitars and no matter what guitar any of us own at the time, this is a nice place to hang out at.  Post often and let us know your thoughts.  Oh, what guitar are you now playing?
Tom
2005 T5 C2
2010 814ce Tobacco Burst
and a few other pieces of equipment
Romans 1:16

gdeleo

• Veteran Member
  • Baton Rouge, LA
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 09:25:34 PM »
Hi pastorchuck,

Glad that you have joined our forum.  I hope you enjoy it here, it seems that it is a place to chat with some really nice and knowledgeable people.
Gary
2013 Bourgeois OMC Custom
2014 Collings OM2HVN

pastorchuck

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 10:56:21 AM »
Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

Tom, in answer to your question, I have three guitars right now: A McPherson 5.0XP, a Larrivee C-45 12 string and my newest guitar that I got recently is a Larrivee LCJ-10KK (which I have included with a description and some pictures which I hope is okay since it is not a Taylor)

I want to share with you my LCJ-10KK which was built in December, 1997. From information supplied to me from the Larrivee Company (correspondence from Matthew Larrivee and Mike Kitchen) this guitar is very rare. According to company records there were only TWO of these guitars ever made (An all Koa (top/back/sides) – LJ body with the Florentine Cutaway). The guitar is one of the most beautiful instruments I have ever seen – the Koa is amazing and the Mermaid headstock inlay is a work of art in itself. And most importantly, the guitar plays like a dream and has wonderful tone – deep and warm with clarity in the highs. After the guitar arrived, I had an Baggs Anthem system installed and it sounds incredible plugged in.

Thanks again for the welcome to the UTGF