Author Topic: The New 700's !!!!!!! hmmmmmm  (Read 12494 times)

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
Re: The New 700's !!!!!!! hmmmmmm
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 11:53:17 PM »
I'd like to see these kinds of appointments as an option for the non-cutaway acoustic series as well.

Couldn't agree more. I wish Taylor would go back to having one ce series, where you could order the guitar with or without a cutaway, and with or without the electronics. If that were the case, I'd order a 714 (with current appointments - not the new ones) without the cutaway, and maybe with a tobacco sunburst finished engelmann top.
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

ataylor

• Veteran Member
    • I'm recording an album -- check it out on Kickstarter!
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 05:33:42 PM »
Couldn't agree more. I wish Taylor would go back to having one ce series, where you could order the guitar with or without a cutaway, and with or without the electronics. If that were the case, I'd order a 714 (with current appointments - not the new ones) without the cutaway, and maybe with a tobacco sunburst finished engelmann top.

I've thought that as well -- it would be less confusing to go back to the standard 500, 600, 700, etc series names across the board. Part of the reason for the distinction may be the fact that the acoustic series guitars are supposedly built slightly different than the cutaway acoustic/electric models (not to mention the different appointments) but I think they could still do that and keep them under the same name. Further confusing things is the fact that they still offer the non-cutaway 810 and 910 models under the old names and have the 100/200 series with cutaway and non-cutaway models...

2005 Taylor 210 (sitka/sapele)

sachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »
I'm intrigued by the new design, but I've been waffling on posting about 'em because I just wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. I think that although I tend to prefer simple appointments – which the new 700s seem to have – I think that burst just does not mesh well with the white rosette ring. I wonder what a clear finish would look like with that rosette? We'll see.
Sachi

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor, Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 08:15:57 AM »
I'm intrigued by the new design, but I've been waffling on posting about 'em because I just wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. I think that although I tend to prefer simple appointments – which the new 700s seem to have – I think that burst just does not mesh well with the white rosette ring. I wonder what a clear finish would look like with that rosette? We'll see.

I still believe that Taylor would not sunburst-finish a whole series on their ce line. Although I'm a sunburst fan, I think that such a move would drive many away from the 700s and into the 800s. Taylor will probably continue to offer the 700s in the same way they offer the 500-900s, with topwood (cedar, sitka or engelmann) and finish (sunburst and natural) options.
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood