Author Topic: Just out of curiosity how did you find this forum?  (Read 24288 times)

fiddleheadpa

Re: Just out of curiosity how did you find this forum?
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2018, 07:54:30 PM »
Google search for me.
Bought a Taylor and want to learn all I can about it's history, tweaks, care, what kind of strings work best, etc.. etc etc.
I'm learning.
Thanks.

DennisMiller

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2018, 07:41:58 PM »
I was searching the web for an answer about the old T5 I just bought. i noticed the URL for this forum and started to look around... And here I am...

LeftyBlues57

« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2018, 02:35:38 PM »
Basic Google search, glad I found youse guys too.

steelstring

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2018, 11:58:51 AM »
Searched for a Taylor guitar forum.

Mark R

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2018, 01:26:08 AM »
Was searching for information on the Taylor Balanced Breakout Box, and one of my searches returned a page from this forum.  Since I couldn't go deeper into the forum without registering, here I am.

oldblackdogs

« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »
When first looking into buying a Taylor, I found this thru various searches.  It's been a good source of information.

DenverSteve

« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2018, 01:10:06 PM »
Wow. How existential for a guitar forum.  How did I get here?  8)  I turned left at the UMGF then another left at Gibson-Talk, then right at letstalkguild.  I went back to the UMGF and landed at The Acoustic Guitar Forum.  I passed through the Larrivee Forum (my Larrivee guitars haven't needed any therapy or assistance  :).  It's the prototypical American musician/guitar player/guitar addict story.  I found myself in a dark place recording in LA in the mid-90's and felt an empty place for a different sound that my usual fixes didn't satisfy at that moment....... In a weakened state I began experimenting with Taylors ( I know. Don't judge) from the '90's through 2010, or so, then got really addicted with my first 814.  I tried to kick the habit a few times cold turkey, of course, then relapsed and realized that my addiction to Bob's urging me to "here buy another....... you know you want to....." led me to my 912 and 914 which meant I was probably destined to have a Taylor, or two, in the entourage for the long haul.  Like most addicts, I sought the comfort of like-minded users here at the UTGF. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 01:13:18 PM by DenverSteve »

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2018, 01:38:28 PM »
Wow. How existential for a guitar forum.  How did I get here?  8)  I turned left at the UMGF then another left at Gibson-Talk, then right at letstalkguild.  I went back to the UMGF and landed at The Acoustic Guitar Forum.  I passed through the Larrivee Forum (my Larrivee guitars haven't needed any therapy or assistance  :).  It's the prototypical American musician/guitar player/guitar addict story.  I found myself in a dark place recording in LA in the mid-90's and felt an empty place for a different sound that my usual fixes didn't satisfy at that moment....... In a weakened state I began experimenting with Taylors ( I know. Don't judge) from the '90's through 2010, or so, then got really addicted with my first 814.  I tried to kick the habit a few times cold turkey, of course, then relapsed and realized that my addiction to Bob's urging me to "here buy another....... you know you want to....." led me to my 912 and 914 which meant I was probably destined to have a Taylor, or two, in the entourage for the long haul.  Like most addicts, I sought the comfort of like-minded users here at the UTGF.
Great post!  :)
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Ludere

« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2018, 12:04:58 PM »
Saw mention of it on the AGF ...
Taylor 314ce V
Takamine G330G
Epiphone PR-200
Traveler Escape Mk III

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is."

Rev Roy

« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2018, 05:18:35 PM »
Internet search...
Collings D1A Traditional
Bourgeois Generation D

jtees4

« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2018, 04:52:30 PM »
Just a simple internet search! I wanted to see how many acoustic guitar forums would show up, and this one seemed interesting, especially since I have always liked Taylors, even though I never owned one. I expect that to change soon. 8)