Author Topic: Guitars that you're drooling over  (Read 7641 times)

coldshot

• Express Yourself
Re: Guitars that you're drooling over
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
Just at the local shop today and played a 35th Anniversary Coco that I would consider killing for.  Hadn't really played much with a armrest on a guitar but I could really see where that would be super cool and that wood combo is just outstanding.

-Dave

G day Dave,
When i first played the 35th annisversary Coco I knew one day i would somehow raise the funds to aquire it one day and I did.

I think Taylor did a wonderful job matching the GS shape with Cocobolo, I'd describe it as lush.

I'm going to play it tonight at a New Years eve party along with my mate who plays my old 810ce which I sold to raise the funds for the 35th.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:45:40 PM by coldshot »
2009 Taylor 35th anniversary Cocobolo GS
2009 Taylor All Mahogany 8 string (modified from a 12 string).
2004 Taylor GA5
2006 Taylor T5 Koa
2010 Gibson 335 Custom
1995 Gibson J35 Ltd
2000 Gibson L5 CES Custom

e8n

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 07:45:01 PM »
I am very, very jealous!  Congrats on a great guitar!

-Dave
2011 Taylor Custom GS (Adi/Rosewood)
2012 Taylor 814LTD Spring Limited
2008 Fender Telecaster
2010 Kentucky Mandolin

Guitars of the past: Alvarez AD60, 2007 Taylor 110ce, 2006 Taylor 710ce, Taylor 2008 GS Fall Ltd, 2010 Taylor 814ce, 2010 Taylor K26c,2010 Taylor Custom DN, Taylor 714ce

Jannie

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 11:51:15 PM »
Which ones am I drooling over, pretty much every one that's high out of reach on the wall at my favorite guitar store, how's that for a start!

not darth

• Veteran Member
  • Near the lake in Minnesota.
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 12:19:08 AM »
I can't find it right now, but I recently saw a picture online of a gorgeous cedar/mahogany GA with all-over edgeburst.
Wasn't sure if all-over would be overkill, but it really wasn't, at least for this guitar it really looked swell!
I'll keep digging and see if I find the pic.
-K
Member #34
I'm not darth.

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 01:23:38 AM »
Which ones am I drooling over, pretty much every one that's high out of reach on the wall at my favorite guitar store, how's that for a start!
technically, that be drooling 'under' ;)

congrats on the new Taylor, Jannie &
i'm glad you've found some 8) picks as well :D
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

mescobar

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »
Well to make matters worse Jon at MFG (great guy to deal with fwiw) had a BTO on consignment in Sinker/Mahogany. The only difference between it and my BTO was I was leaning 12 fret. Needless to say, I decided the 12 fret could wait. Guess I'm going to have to re-spec my BTO.
Should be a new to me TGD on Friday. Will post pics when I can.

Btw, I haven't forgotten about the "family" picture, weather in Houston hasn't been to great for going outside. Maybe when the sun comes back.
Edited: Tried taking one indoors and it looks blurry but at least it's a start.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:42:49 PM by mescobar »
Taylors:
Custom GACE 12 fret (All Hog)
Custom GA (Sinker/Hog)
Custom DN (Adi/Rose)
LTD GACE 12 fret (Koa)
T5C2 (M.Ebony)
616ce (Maple)
PS16CE (Coco)

Others:
Martin Bellezza Bianca
Breedlove Phoenix
Martin Custom 000-18GE
Martin OMCE Mahogany
PRS Starla
PRS Artist V
PRS ME Quatro

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 03:10:28 PM »
May I be the first to say you are a veeerrrrry fortunate man!  Not only beautiful guitars but they represent excellent variety!  Kudos to you, man ...enjoy in the health and happiness!!!
 :D

Edward

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »
Funny sidenote about this thread: I never really have a guitar in my head that I drool over.  The salivation usually comes when I see the dern thing!  After that initial shock, I typically chalk it up to "one day but not now..."   It has taken many years of "growing up" to get here, and I am all the better for it (speaking strictly of me, mind you, and making no judgments on others!!). 

But I must confess I've always harbored loved figured maple.  And after decades of playing, it is only now in my years that I have been fortunate enough to own not one but three stellar examples of gorgeous maple acoustics (...ahem, and two electrics with lovely flame tops, too :) ).  So yeah, suffice it to say, I am a grateful guy with much to be thankful for ...even beyond my guitars! ;)

Keep dreaming of those lovely instruments, folks.  A noble goal is never a bad thing.  But never forget that the "best" guitar to have is the one that you can enjoy now.   To be content is to be happy (yeah, yeah, I am speaking to myself, believe me!!  :D :D :D)!
Happy New Years, all!!!

Edward
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:23:10 PM by Edward »