Author Topic: 2 Taylor's in 2 weeks. Lil long but great!!!!!  (Read 3020 times)

23outlaw

2 Taylor's in 2 weeks. Lil long but great!!!!!
« on: May 03, 2015, 09:02:43 PM »
Hi guys I'm new here but probably one of the biggest Taylor fans
I play the local bar scene 2 times a week solo and as a duo act.  Taylor is my only weapon of choice.
I purchased my first taylor in 2003 (614ce).  I feel in love with it the minute I played the first chord.  As I got home about a week later I noticed a crack in the top.  I took it back to the place of purchase and basically told me it was out of there hands and to call Taylor.  I don't want to name the store because I don't know if I can mention that info here but they sell a lot of GUITARS in a big CENTER.   So I talked to Tech at Taylor.  He was friendly and had it repaired at no charge but explained the humidity control to me which I already knew about and am very adoment about following.  Sooooooo anyway repair was great and a year later added a 714ce and eventually a t5 to the collection and last year a 710ce dred. 2 years after the 614 was repaired it cracked again in the same spot. Back to Taylor and it has just cracked again. So after 12 years and a lot of investment in there product who I still sand by there products I had an opportunity to meet the tech person I spoke to many times and show him the guitar at the find your fit program.  After the long love affair with my 614ce he agreed it was a defect from day 1 and in the boldest and most professional manner bought the guitar back for just about what I paid for it wich I immediately took the new 614ce off the wall and claimed for me!!!!! What a great company go USA !!!
As happy as I am with the new 614ce wich is amazing.....I'm always looking and then something I always say I will never do I found myself doing.    I found an amazin deal on a k-26ce on ebay. I'm not a fan of buying hi-end guitars online sight unseen but  It was posted as brand new never played at a mind numbing low price.  I was actually gonna pass through it because it looked like a scam.  I kept clicking back lookin at the pics and he had a phone number.  So I call him and as it turns out he said it was purchased for his son to learn on with him. Soooo I had to raise the question.... Why spend all that money on a beginner.  His voice saddened and he became much quieter and explained to me that his son had a terminal brain tumor and a month after the grandmother bought it for him he passed away and it was too hard to look at it because it upset him.  They each we're going to learn guitar together as father and son and the sons grandmother purchased it as cost was not a factor. The gentleman sent me 20 pics with a clean serial number and even offered to go to the store where it was purchased new and for me to get the phone number for the store on there website so I could call knowing it was legitimate and have a salesperson verify the guitar was perfect.   After I spoke to him a few times on the phone I felt he was trustworthy which is highly outta the ordinary for me. I gave him the shipping address and he immediately shipped it overnite to me but he failed to give me his pay pal info.  This guy was trustworthy beyond any human I have ever met.  But I got the money to him immediately and he told me no hurry.  Wow really!!! What a nice man but a sad story.  I received the guitar and it's amazing.  Still smelled new not a scratch on it and for under 1/2 the cost as new. 

I told my wife I actually feel guilty getting this good of a deal but it's in good hands now and it will stay with me forever.  I will only gig with it 1 time for 1 song for my new friend miles away from here and that song will be cats in the cradle!!!!  The seller told me he is happy that I got it cuz his sons only dream was to learn to play and the fact that I'm playing out weekly made him happy and he said his son would be happy as we'll. 
sorry for my first long post an thanks for reading

krugjr

• Veteran Member
Re: 2 Taylor's in 2 weeks. Lil long but great!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 10:26:05 PM »
welcome.....no apologies necessary, wonderful story.....I will pray for that family!
Music.....the Universal Language!

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 10:43:31 PM »
Cool story.  Maybe write a song in tribute to him, and send the seller a CD playing that song on what would have been his guitar.
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 06:11:01 AM »
Amazing story and guitars! I think God put that guitar in your hands for a reason. Make it good!
Also loved the way Taylor stood behind that guitar all those years later. That's why I have the guitars I do. Love Taylor!
Welcome to the forum!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:39:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum 23outlaw.  Interesting but sad story on the new guitar, wow take good care of it.

don't know if I can mention that info here but they sell a lot of GUITARS in a big CENTER. 

Ha ha, yes no worries on names.  Pricing is a no no, so your good. 

Your pictures are of some very nice guitars, congratulations. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

ctkarslake

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »
What a wonderful/sad story.  It's nice that both parties feel good about the deal too.  Must say I love Earl's idea of writing a song about the son and sharing it with his parents.  Even just a nice recording of the K26ce sent to the son's parents would be an awesome gesture.  Hopefully they would see it that way as well.  I hope the father is carrying on with lessons in memory of his son.  That certainly would make the son proud. 
1989 712
1992 410
1992 412
1995 410
1995 422
1996 412-M
1996 450
1997 412
1997 420-R
2007 GC3

23outlaw

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 09:26:36 PM »
Thanks for the comments everybody.  I will take care of it for sure.  I live the idea of writing a song but I'm not much of a lyricist but a great cover singer. 
I look forward to sharing all my taylor experiences here

Jimmer

• My first Taylor is a GS Mini
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 06:01:50 PM »
I bet anything you put in word and recorded with that guitar would make that wonderful family very happy. Perhaps it will inspire the Dad to continue learning and playing. You have a G-d sent guitar there ... something very special. But you already know that.
Congrats 23outlaw.
BTW welcome to the fourm
GSMini
214sb