Author Topic: A poor attempt to defraud the public  (Read 13576 times)

HAPPYDAN

Re: A poor attempt to defraud the public
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 10:18:55 AM »
I would like to know from where the seller acquired this atrocity. I would be certain NOT to shop there.

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 02:04:59 PM »
The seller has renewed the ad on Craigslist, so I posted an ad of my own:

WARNING about Taylor K24

It's not a Taylor.  And it's not a K24.  It's a piece of junk made from the worst kind of leftover wood scraps that can be found on a Chinese factory floor.  And it's going to sound like it.  Everything about the guitar is a fraud -- from the Taylor name on the headstock ... to the bogus serial number ... to the phony ES preamp controls.

If you're expecting this to have Taylor's legendary playability and excellent tone, you'll be very, very disappointed in this box of plywood masquereding as a musical instrument.

Even worse is the fact that it's a counterfeit, which means that you will be committing a crime if you happen to purchase it.  The seller is committing a crime, too, but he doesn't seem to care if he implicates you.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »
I would like to know from where the seller acquired this atrocity. I would be certain NOT to shop there.
i'm guessing a website with a similar name (minus the forty thieves ;) )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vw_oxI0Y4M
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

crtsoln

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »
It's too bad they have to copy the logo, some of those copies actually sound pretty descent, for the price point. Lets face it, even though it isn't a Taylor, if a Chinese guitar came out with their own logo and without the Taylor sticker inside and it sounded OK for $300 then I would consider it for my beater as I'm sure other would. Totally agree it won't sound like a Taylor but when is the last time you saw a Taylor K24 for that price and if you did would you actually buy it?

Not that I condone trying to defrauding someone but at least he wasn't asking what a real used Taylor would cost and has changed his ad but I truly doubt any resources from Taylor or any law enforcement would come after a guy for selling a used fake item on craigslist. Maybe a distributer or importer but not a individual selling a single guitar. BTW, have any of you checked the wives closet lately, If she is like mine I'm sure you will find a few fashion knockoff's there as well  ;D

Just my 2 cents. Controversy started, now go...

BobSol

• Too Old To Worry
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »
Counterfeiting of all sorts is a massive problem worldwide funding terrorism and crime. It threatens economies and jobs. Recently in the UK we've had fake alcohol and cigarettes causing fatal injuries. Self exploding phone chargers, perfume and make-up, the list goes on. That guitar could have been bought as a gift by someone just recognising the name without knowing any different. It seems we can't exist any more without the internet but the downsides are becoming uncontrollable.   
2011 Taylor GA12 FLTD KOA
2014 Taylor GS Mini Koa FLTD
2014 Taylor 456CE SLTD
2012 Taylor 210
2010 Taylor 510 KOA FLTD
2006 Taylor T5 C2 KOA