Author Topic: Attended my first Road Show  (Read 10832 times)

ronmcc4

Attended my first Road Show
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:21:59 AM »
Sometimes, my job puts me right where I need to be. I was in Central New York on business and was able to make it to the Taylor Road Show tonight in Horseheads New York. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The talent and demonstrations were great. And, I got to hear some guitars I probably would never have any other kind of opportunity to hear. If you get a chance to go to a Road Show, take it!
Ron in Tennessee
--------------------------------------------------------
2015 Taylor 614ce
2014 Taylor 324ce-K FLTD
2013 Taylor 512e 12-Fret
Journey OF660
2014 Taylor 514ce-N

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Attended my first Road Show
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 07:05:29 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it and were able to go. Yes, they are definitely worth the time.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

crtsoln

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 11:18:36 AM »
Totally agree, I have attended several roadshows and picked up some of my favourite pieces at a great prices while attending (must remember to leave my credit cards at home next time). I wish some other mfg's would show that much interested in selling their guitars and educating the public. Buy anything or do you have more restraint than I do?

ronmcc4

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 11:58:39 AM »
Totally agree, I have attended several roadshows and picked up some of my favourite pieces at a great prices while attending (must remember to leave my credit cards at home next time). I wish some other mfg's would show that much interested in selling their guitars and educating the public. Buy anything or do you have more restraint than I do?

Didn't buy anything that night - but - I ordered a 324ce-K the next day based on seeing and playing one at the Road Show. I explained to the dealer where I ordered that I'd seen one at a Road Show the previous night.  He was kind enough to give me his "Road Show" price so I still got a great deal. So - indirectly - yes I did.   :o
Ron in Tennessee
2015 Taylor 614ce
2014 Taylor 324ce-K FLTD
2013 Taylor 512e 12-Fret
Journey OF660
2014 Taylor 514ce-N

Jersey tuning

• Veteran Member
  • Quid Me Anxius Sum
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 02:04:54 PM »
Got my all time favorite guitar (Taylor Custom GC 12-fret) at a road show..............
CURRENTLY PLAYING

'30 Martin 2-17 solid Mahogany
'97 Tacoma PK-30 Sitka/koa
'99 Alhambra 11C classical cedar/EIR
'05 TAYLOR 614ce 
'07 Breedlove Atlas 12-string Sitka/Mahogany
'10 Froggy Bottom "C" Adi/Brazilian   
'11 TAYLOR BTO GC 12-fret sinker/EIR.  
'14 Alvarez Baritone Sitka/Mahogany
'18 Cordoba hybrid Flamenco Euro Spruce/Ziricote
'23 M. Colbert Baritone Alaskan Sitka/Black Limba multiscale with Manzer wedge

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 02:18:54 PM »
Got my all time favorite guitar (Taylor Custom GC 12-fret) at a road show..............

Your all-time favorite guitar?  Jersey, with all the well-deserved rhapsodizing you've done about the Froggy, you like your custom Taylor even more?
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Jersey tuning

• Veteran Member
  • Quid Me Anxius Sum
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 04:24:35 PM »

Your all-time favorite guitar?  Jersey, with all the well-deserved rhapsodizing you've done about the Froggy, you like your custom Taylor even more?

Yes--this week anyway.  Can't get past the Taylor's incredible sustain and piano-like quality. And the warmth.  The Froggy in comparison is like truth serum.  You get out of it exactly what you put into it.  If I were a virtuoso fingerstylist, the Froggy would be my main tool.  The Taylor is more forgiving--kind of makes me sound better than I play.  Same reason I embraced a 12-string for some years.     Also, the Taylor is more weather/humidity stable so it always seems to be in tune, even when I leave it out in the 35%RH living room longer than I should (shame on me). 

Not that I'm getting rid of, or ignoring, the Froggy any time soon.  I'm curious to see what happens when I switch Froggy from 80-20's to PB strings.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 05:53:29 PM by Jersey tuning »
CURRENTLY PLAYING

'30 Martin 2-17 solid Mahogany
'97 Tacoma PK-30 Sitka/koa
'99 Alhambra 11C classical cedar/EIR
'05 TAYLOR 614ce 
'07 Breedlove Atlas 12-string Sitka/Mahogany
'10 Froggy Bottom "C" Adi/Brazilian   
'11 TAYLOR BTO GC 12-fret sinker/EIR.  
'14 Alvarez Baritone Sitka/Mahogany
'18 Cordoba hybrid Flamenco Euro Spruce/Ziricote
'23 M. Colbert Baritone Alaskan Sitka/Black Limba multiscale with Manzer wedge

Moosedog

• Everheart Band
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 11:42:18 AM »
Sometimes, my job puts me right where I need to be. I was in Central New York on business and was able to make it to the Taylor Road Show tonight in Horseheads New York. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The talent and demonstrations were great. And, I got to hear some guitars I probably would never have any other kind of opportunity to hear. If you get a chance to go to a Road Show, take it!

Hi Ron,  I attended the same road show.  It was indeed well done though I did miss Mark Seal's playing demo's from previous road shows.  I thought the guitars that were on display/for sale were the best of all the shows I've attended with some gorgeous custom jobs.  Prices were good too.   I got to play the $20K Brazilian rosewood custom GC which was a thrill.  I was amazed they had a sassafras 714ce for sale too (which a female employee of the store ended up buying at the end of the night).  I didn't buy anything as I had just bought a sassafras 714ce about a month prior.   All in all an excellent show.   
Moosedog
'14 714ceLTD Sassafras ES2
'13 528 First Edition w/Lyric
'12 712e 12fret Sunburst ES1.3
'08 T5-S Sunburst

ronmcc4

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 10:21:24 PM »
Cool that you were there moosedog! Small world.
Ron in Tennessee
2015 Taylor 614ce
2014 Taylor 324ce-K FLTD
2013 Taylor 512e 12-Fret
Journey OF660
2014 Taylor 514ce-N

Moosedog

• Everheart Band
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 11:05:59 AM »
! Small world.

Yeah, but I wouldn't want to paint it.................
Moosedog
'14 714ceLTD Sassafras ES2
'13 528 First Edition w/Lyric
'12 712e 12fret Sunburst ES1.3
'08 T5-S Sunburst