Author Topic: Best hard rock/metal bands going acoustic  (Read 1264 times)

GERRYGTR62

Best hard rock/metal bands going acoustic
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:13:52 PM »
my top ones are as follows:

*Tesla- love '5-man acoustic jam', Frank Hannon and Tommy Skeoch just tear it up

*Queensryche-dig the MTV Unplugged Show they did, it was brilliant seeing Chris DeGarmo and Michael Wilton using their Tylors to weave in and out of great acoustic passages on songs like 'Della Brown', 'I Will Remember' and of course', 'Silent Lucidity'

*Def Leppard-seen many acoustic videos of them performing 'When Love and Hate Collide', 'Hysteria' and 'Two Steps Behind', among others

and of course, Heart and Led Zeppelin, plus recently caught a video of James LaBrie and John Petrucci of Dream Theater going acoustic...and also, the series 'Live From Darryl's House' with Darryl Hall [even though it isn't hard rock/metal, it's a great show!!].what's yours???
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:15:27 PM by GERRYGTR62 »
*Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom
*ESP Eclipse II Standard
*Schecter Hellraiser C1-FR-S
*Taylor 114CE
*Squier Telecaster Custom
*Blackstar HT40 + HTV112 cabinet
*Randall RVC5
*Fender Mustang I
*Furman Pedalboard loaded with various BBE, Boss, Digitech, Korg, ISP and Dunlop pedals

stepchildusmc

• Veteran Member
Re: Best hard rock/metal bands going acoustic
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
check out some Shinedown . love songs like "breaking inside", "burning bright" "what a shame" "crow and the butterfly".
excellent acoustic songs.
I do remember seeing Tesla long ago opening for Def. it was on Tommy's 21st birthday. lake Placid I think it was. ( Def's first concert since the drummer lost his arm)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:47:46 PM by stepchildusmc »
Steppy
2008 NAMM Hot Rod(GA)
2013 spring ltd. 616 ce
2013 616 ce(honeyburst)
2011 Adamas 2080Sr
2014 324
2014 GS mini Hog
2013 GS mini Spruce
2014 GS mini Engelmann (HV)
only thing lacking is the talent !

GERRYGTR62

Re: Best hard rock/metal bands going acoustic
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:11:31 PM »
oh, yeah, have seen some Shinedown acoustic videos, plus their acoustic duo covers album, darn-good stuff!!!

Gotta add Foreigner, they did an acoustic version of 'Say You Will' [with the current line-up of Mick jones, Kelly Hansen, Jeff Pilson, Tom Gimbel and Jason Bonham, just before he left.....harmonies between all of them are just exceptional!!]

http://youtu.be/HfXsawRCQJQ
*Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom
*ESP Eclipse II Standard
*Schecter Hellraiser C1-FR-S
*Taylor 114CE
*Squier Telecaster Custom
*Blackstar HT40 + HTV112 cabinet
*Randall RVC5
*Fender Mustang I
*Furman Pedalboard loaded with various BBE, Boss, Digitech, Korg, ISP and Dunlop pedals