Author Topic: Acoustic Open Mic. Night: Akron, OH Area - Saturday July 19th  (Read 1183 times)

GSMC Bob

• Gloria & Bob Music
July 19th will be the third in a series of monthly Saturday night acoustic open mic. events. The location is in the hall attached to the front of the building of St. Mark Lutheran Church at 158 North Ave. (SR 91) in Tallmadge, OH 44278 just north of the circle in Tallmadge. This is not intended to be a venue for praise or contemporary Christian music necessarily but a fun social event for the community so pop, country, folk, acoustic rock, instrumentals, singer/songwriter, oldies ...etc. music styles are all encouraged. Thus far, we've had guys with guitars singing (no surprise there!), acoustic duos, female keyboard players/singers, a small vocal group (with a keyboard player) and even some poetry readings!

The event will begin at 7:00pm and last until about 9:00 or 9:30pm, depending on how many players show up. Performers can start signing up at 6:45pm. Snacks/refreshments will be available for purchase but it will be a no-alcohol, family-friendly environment.

Although I am not a member of this church, I have agreed to provide the sound and hosting for at least the first few months. Don't worry, I'll have a nice PA system complete with a Yamaha EMX 5000 board, two nice speaker cabinets, a stage monitor, at least three vocal mics, two guitar/instrument mics (for those without pickups in their acoustic instruments), and two guitar cords (for acoustic/electrics)... with some flexibility for other configurations. The church has an electric Casio keyboard of some sort available on stage too... or I can plug in yours (it only takes a just a few quick minutes to set up and plug in your keyboard!!). All microphones will be high-quality Shures (SM 58's & 57's). Please come out to play, listen, socialize or just to snack on some coffee, punch and baked goods! Join the fun!!

If you have any questions or just want to say you'll be there, feel free to contact me or respond here. I hope to meet (and hear!) some of you on Saturday night!! :)

GSMC Bob

• Gloria & Bob Music
Re: Acoustic Open Mic. Night: Akron, OH Area - Saturday July 19th
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »
Tonight, tonight!  :)

MikeB

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »
Hi bob - how did your OM go?  How many players?  Saturday night OMs are rare around here, but 95% of OMs around here are at bars, too, not non-drinking places.

GSMC Bob

• Gloria & Bob Music
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 05:45:38 PM »
Just six performers this time, which is less than last time.  However, there were more attendees than last time, which is what really counts - not how many are playing but how many are there to listen! ;)