Author Topic: NGD 456CE-FLTD  (Read 6906 times)

Music Junkie

Re: NGD 456CE-FLTD
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 01:39:04 PM »
I recently put on a clear static-cling pickgard on my k26.  Works well and doesn't appear it will affect it at all.  I guess time will tell.  You can always go that route if you like the clean look.   You can barely see the clear pickguard.  I was worried about pick scratches over time.

I like that idea.  Where did you find a static-cling pick guard (besides the obvious answer of the internet....lol).

MJ

mdittenber

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 01:46:46 PM »

I like that idea.  Where did you find a static-cling pick guard (besides the obvious answer of the internet....lol).

I bought it from the Taylor online store. 

Music Junkie

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 03:40:32 PM »

I bought it from the Taylor online store.

Sweet, thanks. ;)

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 03:44:58 PM »
From the Taylor website re the static cling pickguards (they recommend taking it off when not being used):

"Advisory for older guitars (pre-1995) with nitrocellulose lacquer or conversion varnish: These finishes may be damaged as a result of using this pickguard. Always remove pickguard from guitar when not in use. All glossy finished Taylor Guitars built in 1995 or later use a UV cured finish that is less susceptible to damage, though we do recommend removing pickguard when not in use."

I have one of these static cling pickguards that I use on my 512ce occasionally, but take it off before the guitar gets put away. I kept the original backing and sleeve that it came in and store in right in the case. I usually don't need it, but when I want it, it's there. If you want to leave a PG on the guitar, Taylor recommends their clear PG.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:49:15 PM by TaylorGirl »
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Music Junkie

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 11:21:21 AM »
From the Taylor website re the static cling pickguards (they recommend taking it off when not being used):

"Advisory for older guitars (pre-1995) with nitrocellulose lacquer or conversion varnish: These finishes may be damaged as a result of using this pickguard. Always remove pickguard from guitar when not in use. All glossy finished Taylor Guitars built in 1995 or later use a UV cured finish that is less susceptible to damage, though we do recommend removing pickguard when not in use."

I have one of these static cling pickguards that I use on my 512ce occasionally, but take it off before the guitar gets put away. I kept the original backing and sleeve that it came in and store in right in the case. I usually don't need it, but when I want it, it's there. If you want to leave a PG on the guitar, Taylor recommends their clear PG.

Excellent, thanks for the heads up!