Author Topic: NGD: Time for a Mini  (Read 3961 times)

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
Re: NGD: Time for a Mini
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 09:53:07 AM »
You sure picked a purty one! How did it sound compared with the other two? Good luck on your upcoming surgery, and please be sure to keep us posted! :)

Thanks Cindy-

Of the three, this one had the warmest tone - the quilted sapele sounded quite similar, but the one I picked had a bit more volume. I'll write you all in between working at home with a laptop (or the Mini) on my lap!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »
you uhh... do know that.... umm...that mini isn't a GA right ? having that in your house is gonna throw everything off, your toilet will all of a sudden start flushing to the left, your cat will start barking( the theme from barney Miller at that !), your neighbor will return your tools.... it's ain't gonna be pretty i tell ya'

Oh no! What have I done? You pull out a thread and where does it end? Where does it end? Speaking of which, I played a beautiful Avalon, while I was picking up the Mini. All koa, with a semi gloss finish, appointments similar to the traditional Louden, expect that the neck was nowhere near as clubby. Really nice axe, about the same size as a GA but with a bit less depth. Tempting....
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Jimmer

• My first Taylor is a GS Mini
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 07:05:31 AM »
Good luck with the recovery SF. That's a beautiful Mini I'm sure it will do you well.
GSMini
214sb