Author Topic: GS Mini Build Preferences  (Read 9150 times)

BathTimeStrummer

Re: GS Mini Build Preferences
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 04:12:56 PM »
Talked to Johnathan at TaylorWare... These were not "numbered" limited editions per se. However, he did say that of the original 300, they have 23 left. He also said they only had one left-handed order. It would seem like right-handed guitar players are more charitable! That's my conclusion--not an official opinion from Taylor Guitars. I am not a paid spokesman. Mine was made on 2/6/2014 and was 166 in the production schedule. I officially feel warm and fuzzy. Thinking about taking off the pickguard because I saw how nice stepchildusmc's looked. Torn because I strum and I hear that Engelmann is softer than sitka and more prone to dents?
2014 T5z Custom (Koa)
2013 316ce (Sitka/Sapele)
2014 Holden Village GS Mini (Engelmann/Maple)
1998 Fender DG-7

wooglins

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
Talked to Johnathan at TaylorWare... These were not "numbered" limited editions per se. However, he did say that of the original 300, they have 23 left. He also said they only had one left-handed order. It would seem like right-handed guitar players are more charitable! That's my conclusion--not an official opinion from Taylor Guitars. I am not a paid spokesman. Mine was made on 2/6/2014 and was 166 in the production schedule. I officially feel warm and fuzzy. Thinking about taking off the pickguard because I saw how nice stepchildusmc's looked. Torn because I strum and I hear that Engelmann is softer than sitka and more prone to dents?

Just be careful if you remove it and do it very slowly, the finish is really thin on the Holden and one person that removed theirs also removed a large chunk of the top.

BathTimeStrummer

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 05:21:25 PM »
Yeah, good point. Not worth scarring my new baby. She's pretty. Her ring lines aren't perfectly straight, they bow in at the lower bout for a pretty cool effect (almost makes it appear slimmer--like a GA Mini, patent pending!). Once the striping gets a little darker, she's going to be really stunning lil' git'.
2014 T5z Custom (Koa)
2013 316ce (Sitka/Sapele)
2014 Holden Village GS Mini (Engelmann/Maple)
1998 Fender DG-7

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 05:29:13 PM »
Very nice....I can see why you are so excited about it. Happy you got exactly what you wanted. Enjoy!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

stepchildusmc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »
i used " The Blonde" 's hairdryer to warm it up a bit.... only took a few seconds. the pickguard came right off without a problem. i do have the advantage of having a natural top carbon fiber guitar ( adamas 2080sr) that taught me not to run the pick across the top..... think fingernails on a chalkboard. only one i have a pickguard on is the 324. that one is the only one  that i prefer the aesthetics of the black pickguard.
 just wait bathboy.. you haven't hit that Mohogany love.....yet. but, rest assured, we will be glad to help you with that once it hits you.... ohh.. mellow tone.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ( i won't even get into the maple infatuation...oops ! just did ;D ;D)
Steppy
2008 NAMM Hot Rod(GA)
2013 spring ltd. 616 ce
2013 616 ce(honeyburst)
2011 Adamas 2080Sr
2014 324
2014 GS mini Hog
2013 GS mini Spruce
2014 GS mini Engelmann (HV)
only thing lacking is the talent !