Author Topic: The eagle has landed  (Read 3262 times)

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
The eagle has landed
« on: January 20, 2014, 05:49:01 PM »
So, finally it has arrived. ;D  I got back from lunch and my new Taylor 524e FE was waiting for me.  The brown box was here begging me to open it.  That is the good news. ;D  Yes, there is bad new folks >:(--------------------------Now before anybody is thinking the worst don't worry we will all live through this ordeal. :o  This sort of thing can stretch ones nerves and patients but I can do it.  The bad new is that it is only 32 degrees here at the edge of civilization, and I dare not open it up and start playing yet. 

The photo session will happen, but not just yet.  First I get to play it, and play it I will.  ;D ;D  Here is a photo of the case that has one item that is different than all my other cases, any guesses what that difference is.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Lizzy

• Veteran Member
Re: The eagle has landed
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:00:12 PM »
So, finally it has arrived. ;D  I got back from lunch and my new Taylor 524e FE was waiting for me.  The brown box was here begging me to open it.  That is the good news. ;D  Yes, there is bad new folks >:(--------------------------Now before anybody is thinking the worst don't worry we will all live through this ordeal. :o  This sort of thing can stretch ones nerves and patients but I can do it.  The bad new is that it is only 32 degrees here at the edge of civilization, and I dare not open it up and start playing yet. 

The photo session will happen, but not just yet.  First I get to play it, and play it I will.  ;D ;D  Here is a photo of the case that has one item that is different than all my other cases, any guesses what that difference is.
First Edition?

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 06:12:31 PM »

First Edition?

Ha!  And Lizzy moves to the front of the class. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 06:45:32 PM »
sitka CV bracing, ebony headstock overlay with century inlay, COA & FE strap when registered ...
am i close ??? ;)

congrats, mgap & may your patience be greatly rewarded 8)

it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 07:09:06 PM »
Exciting!  Probably easier for us to be patient for the photos than for you to open that case!!  ;)  Congrats!

Best wishes,
Jim

2014 Taylor 522ce 12-fret
2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
2013 Rainsong Shorty SG-FLE
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »
sitka CV bracing, ebony headstock overlay with century inlay, COA & FE strap when registered ...
am i close ??? ;)

congrats, mgap & may your patience be greatly rewarded 8)

yeppers, MichaelW.  Forward shifted cv bracing.  Plus a designed photo book that commemorates the making of the special first run guitar.  The CoA will be cool, I hope I like the guitar strap, I don't exactly like the standard strap.  Oh yes, one more thing, I get the Taylor lifetime warranty.  One more one more thing :o the cool factor is way up there for me. ;)

Jersey tuning

• Veteran Member
  • Quid Me Anxius Sum
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 07:58:16 PM »
Congratulations.  Wear it in good health.  32 degrees will soon be a distant memory around here. 
CURRENTLY PLAYING

'30 Martin 2-17 solid Mahogany
'97 Tacoma PK-30 Sitka/koa
'99 Alhambra 11C classical cedar/EIR
'05 TAYLOR 614ce 
'07 Breedlove Atlas 12-string Sitka/Mahogany
'10 Froggy Bottom "C" Adi/Brazilian   
'11 TAYLOR BTO GC 12-fret sinker/EIR.  
'14 Alvarez Baritone Sitka/Mahogany
'18 Cordoba hybrid Flamenco Euro Spruce/Ziricote
'23 M. Colbert Baritone Alaskan Sitka/Black Limba multiscale with Manzer wedge

stepchildusmc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 08:19:06 PM »
i was positive that the bronxe coloring being a shade darker than standard was the exciting difference. or maybe it was that spot of drool in the upper left corner.
Steppy
2008 NAMM Hot Rod(GA)
2013 spring ltd. 616 ce
2013 616 ce(honeyburst)
2011 Adamas 2080Sr
2014 324
2014 GS mini Hog
2013 GS mini Spruce
2014 GS mini Engelmann (HV)
only thing lacking is the talent !

ksquared

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 09:38:31 PM »
Congrats.  It is nice that Taylor adds a few extras for first editions.

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 12:13:09 AM »
 Nice case. Now fess up some pics of that new guitar. ;D
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

TaylorMate

• Bard since the Sixties
    • Blogboek
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 12:34:01 AM »
Ain't she sweet?! And this is only the case! I could tell you what kind of beauty you will find inside, but I want to keep the surprise complete. Just one warning: don't let it fly away once you opened the cage...eh, sorry, case.
I am curious at what temperature you will lose your senses. I live in centigradet world and can only dream of 32 degres in this (or rather any) time of the year. Keep up the spirits and your head in the clouds - every ordeal has a golden rim :P.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:00:51 AM by karel »
If you dig it, do it; if you dig it a lot, do it twice (Jim Croce)

Lyrics and music: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6gaSzHsXOYq-j_eQH6IwsW_K0S3CHfbk

jrporter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 07:53:47 AM »
Congrats on your new Taylor. I just received its sister (no electronics) http://www.unofficialtaylorguitarforum.com/index.php?topic=4592.0 last Friday and continue to be amazed by its beauty, tone, and playability. However, I sent in the enclosed registration card to get my First Edition swag. Did yours come with the special goodies???

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 07:58:53 AM »
Congrats on your new Taylor. I just received its sister (no electronics) http://www.unofficialtaylorguitarforum.com/index.php?topic=4592.0 last Friday and continue to be amazed by its beauty, tone, and playability. However, I sent in the enclosed registration card to get my First Edition swag. Did yours come with the special goodies???
No I did not received anything other than the guitar, case, special card to send in and the standard guitar information

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 09:30:33 AM »
Could be worse.....it is -10 here this morning. Will check back for the eye candy.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

The Doctor

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »
Could be worse.....it is -10 here this morning. Will check back for the eye candy.

-10... Ugh and I thought it was cold last night when the temp dipped into the high 50's... Headed to the beach tomorrow to watch the huge waves like 30'  8)
~Jack

2011 GS Mini
2013 414ce
2013 T5z Custom Koa
Fishman Loudbox Mini