Author Topic: hip dysplasia  (Read 2644 times)

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
hip dysplasia
« on: April 04, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
took patti to vet because she began favoring her right hind leg

thought it might be an issue with her cruciate ligament, which would have been slightly better news -
x-rays & a radiologist report comfirmed hip dysplasia, degenerative joint disease :(

she had her teeth cleaned at the same time, so she spent the whole day there & petey was miserable (not in this pic, though)

they're rescue dogs, failed fosters & best buddies - patti beat the heartworms she had when i first got her

now the interesting stuff begins & if that weren't enough, fred's UTI has reoccurred -
this is not the way i wanted the weekend to start  :-\
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

Jersey tuning

• Veteran Member
  • Quid Me Anxius Sum
Re: hip dysplasia
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:20:48 PM »
A real dog day afternoon.  Saturday can only be better.
CURRENTLY PLAYING

'30 Martin 2-17 solid Mahogany
'97 Tacoma PK-30 Sitka/koa
'99 Alhambra 11C classical cedar/EIR
'05 TAYLOR 614ce 
'07 Breedlove Atlas 12-string Sitka/Mahogany
'10 Froggy Bottom "C" Adi/Brazilian   
'11 TAYLOR BTO GC 12-fret sinker/EIR.  
'14 Alvarez Baritone Sitka/Mahogany
'18 Cordoba hybrid Flamenco Euro Spruce/Ziricote
'23 M. Colbert Baritone Alaskan Sitka/Black Limba multiscale with Manzer wedge

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
Sorry to hear the news. It may be difficult, but I am sure you will take real good care of them and they will continue to adore you. Two years ago we had to have cataract surgery done on our boy's left eye (4 years old...juvenile cataract). We have no regrets and he's doing fine.. He's such a happy dog and loves life. Couldn't bear to see him lose his sight in that eye. We sign on to give them a good life. After all, they truly are our best friends.  They are beautiful dogs..... :)!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »
Michael, my heart goes out to you.  Our beloved Sedona (75 lb Chow mix rescue) had to be put down back in 2010, due to a degenerative hip issue, but she did lead a happy, full life while she was with us. We finally got through the grieving process last spring, when we adopted a collie female from a collie rescue agency. Her name is Katie, and true to her name, she is a 55 lb hooligan, but very lovable...sort like a Snickers bar - sweet and nutty!

The cycle of life with our pets is bittersweet. We're with them from their early youth through their old age and passing. They make us smile, laugh and cry, but we wouldn't trade the experience for 100 Taylors, would we?

God bless...
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 02:42:30 PM »
Sorry about your pup's problems.  Hip dysplasia is so common, which does not make it easier.  I got a rescue Golden Retriever many years ago and lost her to diabetes, and now after a long line of Golden Retriever dogs we have no more.  Lost our last one in Dec. 2012.  It is heart breaking.  Here is a picture of my last two Golden's they are retrieving something in the heavens above now.

He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 10:35:17 PM »
Sorry to hear about that Michael.  :-[
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 11:36:07 PM »
Sorry to hear the news Michael, I lost my 20YO Smokey but gained Gabe and Pinot.  They bring such joy to our lives....

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 10:17:17 AM »
Sorry to hear about Patti, Michael. Our pets are very important to us, and it is so sad to know they are in discomfort. What does the vet suggest? ???
Cindy

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 12:57:37 PM »
Sad news michaelw. Know we are all pulling for patti. I know how important those pooches are to ya. Whatever happens it will be for the best.
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »
thanks, all :)

patti's set up with a memory foam bed, elevated food & water, fish oil & glucosamine, the vet has her
on anti-inflammatories & she's on anti-biotics for her gingivitis, which should be cleared up shortly -
water therapy, acupuncture, acupressure & holistic support for joints & ligaments are all ideas, but i think it's best
that anything i try is done at the house because even though she tolerate car rides, she's not up'n gung-ho to go
like the rest of them usually are & i don't think petey would be able stand her not being around, even for a little while

going to the feed store to find some senior, low-carb, real meat food, hopefully dry to keep her freshly cleaned teeth that way

she was happier this am -
got up, stretched & showed no sign of wanting to keep the weight of the leg

so far so good ...
hopefully fred's results will come in with something different & it'll be able to treated for good this time

i don't expect this to be anywhere near as costly as fred's run-in with IMHA, but the vet bills have started &
so i'm expecting have to find some new homes for a couple or three of these wooden steel string things

hope y'all are having a good weekend & thanks again for the support :)
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/