Author Topic: Friends & Family Sale?  (Read 6263 times)

Iplay2

Re: Friends & Family Sale?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 12:02:33 PM »
But definite kudos to Taylor for arranging for an espresso cart and a taco stand to be there. It was sorely tempting to have some street tacos beforehand! So I made sure to get some afterwards. For those who don't know what street tacos are, well, sorry. Come out and visit!

Another example of why Taylor is a great company.

I would love to make it out to one of the F&F sales some day, if nothing more than to be there.  It would just involve explaining to my wife why I was flying to California to look at a guitar.

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 01:14:04 PM »
Not only the guitars on the stands, but the RTs were out on only about 8-10 stands, but as they got purchased (or flew off the stands, rather), those were replenished by guys behind the counter ...and in constant fashion.  I'd say within 20-30 minutes from opening, most of the RTs were gone, with only a few left when I checked out that area an hour later.  Also rows of electrics with an amp at the ready.

Then there were the 1xx, 2xx , Baby, and BigBaby: these were all still boxed ready to go ...no display here (unless you asked to open one and they were more than happy to oblige).  There were at least a pallete (that I saw, more perhaps?) of each of these models.  These were likewise flying out the door as lots of folks at the checkout line had such boxed guitars.

And then all the cool Taylor ware: shirts (lots of great shirts), jackets, gigbags...  Whatever straps were there (saw only a few as evidence by folks who had em in their hands) evaporated quickly.  I dig the Byzantine, which another guy just reached for before me ...oh well. :)

BTW, I hope none of what I'm say is verboten (or incorrect) ...if so, please delete or correct (Brian :) ).

And all of which was so remarkably organized despite the huge volume of folks.  Not to mention everyone I bumped elbows with (yeah, it was crowded, you were rubbing elbows and precariously stepping aside folks literally with a guitar in each hand in between pricey guitars sitting on mere stands) were all super nice, gracious, and patient (no one got pepper-sprayed here ...lol!!!).  For anyone not buying a guitar, I think it was still a great morning just to see what's available and demo them first hand.  No where would you see such variety and high-end guits, as well as some of the rare stuff like LTDs and some prototypes, all under one roof.  It was the ultimate "petting zoo."
 :D  :D  :D

Edward
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:18:01 PM by Edward »

cotten

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »
I'm glad so many got to attend. I really think Taylor needs to open another facility in the Atlanta area. They have friends and family there, too!   ;D

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria