Author Topic: UK Roadshows  (Read 1903 times)

jivauk

• Sadly Jimmy lost his fight with cancer 3 Nov 2015
    • singer/songwriter duo, a gentle blend of acoustic instruments and vocal harmony
UK Roadshows
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:31:19 AM »
Looking forward to attending another Taylor Guitars Road Show in May.

Road Show: May 10 Guitar Guitar, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Find Your Fit: May 11 Guitar Guitar, Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Never been to a 'Find Your Fit' - is it one on one, or general discussion and demos of shapes, woods, etc like the Road Show?

Will we learn more at the Find Your Fit? Or should we just go to both anyway?

Are there any forum members planning on being at the Newcastle event(s)?
Val
www.jiva.co.uk

Guitars: Taylor, Yamaha, Eko
Ukuleles: Kala
Sound System: Bose, AER

Saxacat

• Veteran Member
  • Northumberland, England.
Re: UK Roadshows
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 09:39:20 AM »
Although I'm not in the market for another guitar, I'm hoping to attend the Newcastle Roadshow. I've been to two previous Roadshows and really enjoyed them.

I wasn't aware of the Find Your Fit event, until I read your post; but as a novice who gets a bit intimidated trying guitars in public, I don't think it will be for me.
Taylor GA-Ke
Yamaha LL16
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha SLG100s

More money than ability.

Jurrasicway

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
There is also one at express music in Coventry on 24th April. Have not seen this on the website but was told last week by the owner it was happening  ;D
They are a good social/knowledge gathering event for anyone who has not been to one.
512 12 Fret.

jivauk

• singer/songwriter duo, a gentle blend of acoustic instruments and vocal harmony
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »
@Saxacat - hope to see you there! We may have chatted at the previous one ? JG Windows Metro Centre...
Val
www.jiva.co.uk

Saxacat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 10:22:10 AM »
jivauk, I was at the Windows show. I dragged my future son-in-law along; I was trying to get a GS Mini at the time but ended up getting it from another store.

Look forward to meeting a fellow forum member.

Eddie
Taylor GA-Ke
Yamaha LL16
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha SLG100s

More money than ability.

jivauk

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
Hi Eddie

We were sitting right at the front - we're the couple who bought the Custom Jumbo, Cocobolo back & sides, Spruce top (edge burst). We've had that guitar for a year now, and it doesn't get as much play as it should - our 910CE and 914CE-L7 guitars are our 'go to' 6-strings - so we'll have to let it go sometime soon... will probably advertise it in the Marketplace section of this forum, but it seems most members are in the USA. However, no harm in trying...

Looking forward to the Road Show - it'll be nice to meet you... we'll be the ones dressed in purple and black!

Jimmy & Val
Val
www.jiva.co.uk

jivauk

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 04:22:26 PM »
Roadshow at Guitar Guitar in Newcastle, UK, tomorrow... 21 hours and counting.

As usual we'll try and get there early, see if we can possibly snaffle some quiet time with a Grand Orchestra or two - we've heard so many positive things about them here on the forum. Maybe we should leave wallet and cheque book at home in case we're tempted!

Jimmy & Val
Val
www.jiva.co.uk

Saxacat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 05:11:49 PM »
A very enjoyable evening attending the Taylor Roadshow at Guitar Guitar in Newcastle. Got to meet and say hello to fellow forum members Jimmy and Val (jivauk). Also, my first chance to see a GO and to drool over (not literally of course) all those lovely guitars. Thank you Taylor Guitars and Guitar Guitar.
Taylor GA-Ke
Yamaha LL16
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha SLG100s

More money than ability.

jivauk

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 11:51:59 AM »
Hey Eddie,

Good to meet you, and to see and play those lovely Taylors - we've never seen so many non-cutaways together! We echo your praise of Taylor and Guitar Guitar for such a fun and informative evening's entertainment.

Did anything take your fancy? Val was somewhat taken with the 912, and Jimmy rather liked the PS10... but it was only window shopping really rather than full-blown GAS/TAS - we have a fine stable of guitars at home and will be heading back to Taylor in El Cajon mid-September. Who knows what we might just find?

Jimmy & Val
Val
www.jiva.co.uk

Saxacat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »
Hi, it was a great evening wasn't it,

Everything I saw took my fancy  :)

I did like that GC they had, but if I had the option to pick just one, it would be the cocobolo, it looked and sounded fantastic. I certainly wouldn't to be able to resist dipping into the savings should I ever visit the factory and saw something like that.

Unfortunately, it’s hard for me justifying another guitar; I'm already akin to a bloke who drives on L plates, but who keeps a Ferrari in the garage  :D
Taylor GA-Ke
Yamaha LL16
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha SLG100s

More money than ability.