Author Topic: Buffalo Brothers Guitars - New Owner  (Read 4772 times)

Jack the Hack

Buffalo Brothers Guitars - New Owner
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »
I just found out that James Hood, the great guitar tech who has been associated with BBG for many years has become the new owner of Buffalo Brothers Guitars. Great news because I know how much he desires to help customers with their guitars.

BBG has had one of the best selections of Taylors through the years, including the R. Taylor.  I've gotten several from them during the past 10 years. I'm looking forward to the new owner and his commitment to offering us great guitars and great service.

I suggest we all contact James at buffalobrosguitars.com and let him know what we are looking for. Maybe that way we can get the Taylor(s) we all dream about.

GASguy

Re: Buffalo Brothers Guitars - New Owner
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 09:09:48 PM »
I have purchased some nice used instruments from Buffalo Brothers over the years, I have not purchased any Taylors from them but I would not hesitate to buy from them if the right Taylor showed up on their web site.

Jack the Hack

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 08:58:53 PM »
I'm not spamming and I'm a real customer who has purchased several guitars from BB through the years. I just think other players and previous customers of BB deserve to know about the changes - especially when many had problems with the previous owner. If Elderly's or any of the longtime shops around the country changed owners wouldn't it be information everyone would want to know? As someone who has spent thousands (I mean many thousands) of dollars on gear over the past 30 years from a bunch of dealers - I would appreciate the info.

I used to live in SoCal and I'm in Colorado now but I still check out the BBG site and occasionally do business with them.

And - even though this may be my first post, I have been reading and enjoying the shared info on these forums for many years.

mauisunset

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 01:55:21 AM »
Jack, thanks for sharing this news.  To me, it was important and this was the first place I read about it.  So, you posted other places...makes no difference to me.  I read it first here, so thanks. 
1. 1997 414ce (Sitka/African Mahogany, pinless bridge, satin finish)
2. 2007 Baby (BT1)
3. 2002 Fender CIJ Telecaster w/ Bigsby & Mastery Bridge
4. 2012 Builder's Reserve VII (12 fret Hog)

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:21:15 AM »
I'm not spamming and I'm a real customer who has purchased several guitars from BB through the years. I just think other players and previous customers of BB deserve to know about the changes - especially when many had problems with the previous owner. If Elderly's or any of the longtime shops around the country changed owners wouldn't it be information everyone would want to know? As someone who has spent thousands (I mean many thousands) of dollars on gear over the past 30 years from a bunch of dealers - I would appreciate the info.

I used to live in SoCal and I'm in Colorado now but I still check out the BBG site and occasionally do business with them.

And - even though this may be my first post, I have been reading and enjoying the shared info on these forums for many years.

Jack,

While your news doesn't affect me directly (not that that's any measure of a post's worth), I think it's a valid post.  The fact that you may have posted it in other guitar forums doesn't mean we find the news any less interesting or useful.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

dmccrider

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 02:54:40 AM »
I live in San Diego and still didn't hear about this so thanks for sharing the news. Haven't bought much from them but I certainly admire their store and often refer people to go check them out.

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales

• Veteran Member
    • LA Guitar Sales
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »
Jack, who ever you are or what your propose is for posting I thank you. Buffalo Brothers was/is one of the great guitar stores of our time and he ownership change is important news. I responded to you over on the AGF but I'll say it here as well, I wish James all the best in his new venture.

Jack the Hack

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 07:28:04 PM »
Thanks Ted and Rebel Heart for your comments. I just thought it was important news seeing how through the years BB had been a significant dealer. They were always a good shop to visit (in person or online) and I was able to purchase some great guitars from them. That's it, nothing more.

rolleiguy54

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 08:10:39 PM »
Thanks for the news. Great post.

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
Hi everyone. I've been off the forum for a couple of days so if you have any questions as to who deleted some of the posts, look no further. ;)

Jack, thanks for the information. It's always nice to hear about Taylor dealers from those who have dealt with them firsthand. Oh...and Jack...welcome to the forum! :)
Cindy

Nomad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 07:04:12 PM »
I suggest we all contact James at buffalobrosguitars.com and let him know what we are looking for. Maybe that way we can get the Taylor(s) we all dream about.

To be fair, though, other Taylor dealers can do that, too, correct?

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 06:15:11 PM »
Hi everyone. I've been off the forum for a couple of days so if you have any questions as to who deleted some of the posts, look no further. ;)

Well, it is a good thing somebody cleaned that mess up. ;D ;D ;D
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.