Author Topic: Acoustic Coffee Covers - Free acoustic guitar lessons, chords, tabs  (Read 2457 times)

MartinD

Re: Acoustic Coffee Covers - Free acoustic guitar lessons, chords, tabs
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:11:01 PM »
I guess I'm missing the point?
Colossians 3:17

2013 Taylor 314 CE
2007 Taylor DN-5
Takamine EF-340scgn
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
UltraSound AG50-DS4 Acoustic Amp
Roland 15x Cube

Brian

• just a box of rain...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 04:00:00 AM »
I guess I'm missing the point?

I think the point is to learn new songs.  btw your avatar is blinding me.  seriously?

To the OP:
- is there a catch to the "weekly emailed lesson" feature on the website? ie is it simply an emailed lesson and nothing more, no ads or other signups etc involved?
- is the "email a lesson" feature the only way to get the instruction for the songs on your web page (short of finding the individual videos for some of them on youtube)?  The songs on the songs page do not link to anything (though some have links to charts)
-- one bit of feedback on the website... some people do not like submitting their names and email addresses over non-secure websites
- lastly, thanks.  I appreciate that people take the time to teach others to play songs.

MartinD

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 06:42:16 AM »
Brian,
Perhaps others would agree that simply posting a link to a youtube video without explanation is not the best way to get your point across. Especially since I took time to watch it and it still was unclear about any lessons or format. I was in no way intending to insult the OP. Is it your intention to insult me because of my avatar? Because that is the tone of your post.
Colossians 3:17

2013 Taylor 314 CE
2007 Taylor DN-5
Takamine EF-340scgn
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
UltraSound AG50-DS4 Acoustic Amp
Roland 15x Cube

Brian

• just a box of rain...
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
Martin, I apologize.  I should not have made that snarky comment. 

-Brian

dcopper

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 09:02:14 AM »
Martin and Brian,
Thanks for clearing that up for all of us. Everyone has shown excellent decorum on this forum. I personally stopped visiting the AGF because of some writers that were simply rude. I know that was not the case this time - everyone can post a mistake. To get to the matter though, I have found some of Terry's postings to be really good. For example, I have played "Love the One You're With" for years in the key of C. Terry's drop  D tuning gave me a much better tone. I also dabble a little in alternate tunings and his postings are fun to watch and try. I think it is a nice addition to the forum and really credit Terry for making the effort and time to offer help and suggestions. It is not like a standard lesson, which is actually what appeals to me. I have been playing for over 40 years and know i will never master this darn thing. That is the beauty of the guitar!
davidc
2011 914ce
2012 814ce TBSS
2012 Spring LTD 814ce Cocobolo
2012 FLTD GAce Quilted Sapele
2003 NS74ce coco
T5Custom KOA
T5 Standard Bl
PRSs/Brian Moore C45P/89 Strat
Too many gizmos and amps!