Author Topic: Taylor Guitar Pictures!  (Read 269585 times)

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
Re: Taylor Guitar Pictures!
« Reply #390 on: August 23, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »
Nice geetar!

I am surprised the headstock has no inlay. I think that's the only "first edition" I've seen without one.
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber

Trond67

« Reply #391 on: August 23, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »
Nice geetar!

I am surprised the headstock has no inlay. I think that's the only "first edition" I've seen without one.

I saw somewhere that Powers and Bredlowe thought that the clean look was better looking on the 8 series and i agree, sometimes less is more :)
Taylor 818E first edition 2013
Takamine 2009 LTD
Fender stratocaster deuxe  60th anniversary
Gibson les paul P90 studio worn gold top
Gretsch Electromatic 5420
Recording King rd 227
Vox AC30--Blackstar HT5 Limited edition -

Herb Hunter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #392 on: August 24, 2013, 12:39:10 PM »
As this forum is setup to support large images; ones even larger than the one below, I don’t think anything needs to be done regarding picture sizes.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:27:06 AM by UTGF-Team »

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales

• Veteran Member
    • LA Guitar Sales
« Reply #393 on: August 24, 2013, 02:18:53 PM »

My favorite Builders Reserve to date!  :)

Nikki Petherick

• Nikki Petherick
« Reply #394 on: September 29, 2013, 11:19:56 AM »
This is my K14ce. I actually ordered the new model, with the Island Vine fret inlay, the shop screwed up. So! This is mine until the new one arrives (Taylor are making more) then I get to choose whichever I prefer at no extra cost. Awesome :)
Check out my music (website is a work in progress, original material coming soon upon completion of my EP) at www.nikkipetherick.com

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #395 on: September 29, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »
This is my K14ce. I actually ordered the new model, with the Island Vine fret inlay, the shop screwed up. So! This is mine until the new one arrives (Taylor are making more) then I get to choose whichever I prefer at no extra cost. Awesome :)

Such a pretty guitar - the koa back is especially nice with good figure and varying color. If the one on the way has equally pretty koa, it will come down to your preference of either the sparkle of the abalone or the earthiness of the wood inlays. Of course, tone and playability should trump appearance - good luck!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Cramsession

« Reply #396 on: September 30, 2013, 08:09:46 PM »
My new 718e 1st Edition.  I got it at Sweetwater and I figure they take better pics than me, so I just copied them:

-Cram
-Cramsession

2013 Taylor 718e 1st Edition
2012 Takamine TF430SS
2012 Martin DCPA4R
2011 Martin DRS1 (Nashville Tuning)
2012 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Roland AC-60

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #397 on: October 01, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »
 Nikki and Cramsession, those are a couple of beautiful guitars. Enjoy 'em.  :)
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #398 on: October 01, 2013, 06:21:30 PM »
Cramsession 718e is a beauty, that headstock is like wow.  and Nikki's is nice but the Island Vine will be very nice.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Steve Mo

• Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #399 on: October 06, 2013, 07:18:28 AM »
Just loving the detail of my K14ce......and the sound of course

JLed79

« Reply #400 on: October 11, 2013, 09:19:47 AM »
My prettiest Taylor.
2013 Custom GA (Sinker/ Macassar)
2006 814ce
2001 Baby (Rosewood)
2001 Baby (Koa)
1993 412
1996 Gibson Chet Atkins SST

Nikki Petherick

• Nikki Petherick
« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »
Just loving the detail of my K14ce......and the sound of course

Oh my... OH MY. My decision is going to be a tough one!! My one of these is arriving in 2/3 weeks, my dealer got it wrong and delivered me the older model. So I have the older one at the moment, and then when this arrives I have to choose. You've made my decision harder! :)
Check out my music (website is a work in progress, original material coming soon upon completion of my EP) at www.nikkipetherick.com

Steve Mo

• Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #402 on: October 13, 2013, 08:06:30 PM »
Hi Nikki,

I was torn between a 814ce, K14ce and the K14ce that I bought. Glad I did as the appointments and craftsmanship are superb. I'm a big fan of wooden craftsmanship so all the wooden inlay, binding etc ticked all the remaining boxes and sealed the deal. You're doing the right thing waiting for your one to arrive before making your decision. But I can already guess which way you'll go  :)

Nikki Petherick

• Nikki Petherick
« Reply #403 on: October 14, 2013, 03:33:29 PM »
Hi Nikki,

I was torn between a 814ce, K14ce and the K14ce that I bought. Glad I did as the appointments and craftsmanship are superb. I'm a big fan of wooden craftsmanship so all the wooden inlay, binding etc ticked all the remaining boxes and sealed the deal. You're doing the right thing waiting for your one to arrive before making your decision. But I can already guess which way you'll go  :)

The one I have at the moment has wood binding although its Maple. I always seem to name my guitars (I'm not even sure I do it on purpose.. it just.. happens) and like a fool I've named this one Bobby. And boom, an emotional attachment has happened! So we'll see. I'll keep you posted :) One of the things I am conscious of is the fact that with the guitar I have at the moment, the wood has had time to age, whereas the one that's arriving has been made within the last ten weeks. How did you find the tone of the koa with it being so new?

Steve Mo

• Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #404 on: October 15, 2013, 08:55:10 AM »

The one I have at the moment has wood binding although its Maple. I always seem to name my guitars (I'm not even sure I do it on purpose.. it just.. happens) and like a fool I've named this one Bobby. And boom, an emotional attachment has happened! So we'll see. I'll keep you posted :) One of the things I am conscious of is the fact that with the guitar I have at the moment, the wood has had time to age, whereas the one that's arriving has been made within the last ten weeks. How did you find the tone of the koa with it being so new?
[/quote]

Many people comment that the Koa develops it's sound over a period of years, so I guess in that respect it's a keeper. I really liked the tone from new and can only say that it is beginning to 'soften'  or 'warm' if that is the right expressions. The more I play it the better it sounds. Not sure if that's the guitar starting to open up or just the bond strengthening. Either way, it's my first Koa so I'm enjoying the whole learning curve with it. Something really special about these guitars that's difficult to explain and it's gonna have to be a pretty spectacular guitar to knock this one of its spot.  :)