Author Topic: Taylor Guitar Pictures!  (Read 269537 times)

Black Beauty

• Black Beauty Music
Re: Taylor Guitar Pictures!
« Reply #315 on: October 28, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
Very beautiful Rosewood grain.

oatordeal

• Veteran Member
  • Manila, Philippines
« Reply #316 on: October 28, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »
very nice 814ce you got there. lovin' the  top without the pick guard. it looks clean and gorgeous! the bear claw adds a little individuality to it too :)
Best regards,
Nims

814ce 2012
GS Mini Hog 2015
'52ri Fender Telecaster 2007

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #317 on: October 29, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »
Well I finally got my new guitar.  Early this month I was at a Road show and found a great deal on a 814ce Spring LTD, so I decided to go with it.  It sounded great , felt just perfect and I really liked the way it looked. 

Here are a few pictures.

The top looks like it is all one piece. 5 latches  are a bit to many for me.

Sorry about all the reflection

Ebony head stock overlay and TRC

He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #318 on: November 08, 2012, 08:11:15 AM »
Had to add photos of my latest BTO (GA number 6!) - she's sweet!

My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »
Had to add photos of my latest BTO (GA number 6!) - she's sweet!

Great looking guitar!  I love the streaked ebony fretboard!  I wish mine had streaks.
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #320 on: November 10, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
Thank you Sir!

I asked for marbled ebony on the headstock, fretboard and bridge, and that's what they gave me. I think that the koa trimming and the streaked ebony give a nice twist to an otherwise traditional look.
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

briguysm

• Yeah, I "play" guitar...
    • The Attic STL
Re: Show us pics of your Taylor!
« Reply #321 on: November 16, 2012, 10:24:08 AM »
My GS Mini

This does seem AWFULLY close to the fire...maybe it's not as close as it looks in the pics...but I'd be scared to put it that close!
2012 Taylor Custom GA BTO - Sinker/Macassar
1998 Taylor W-10
2018 Duesenberg Starplayer TV sparkle blue

briguysm

• Yeah, I "play" guitar...
    • The Attic STL
« Reply #322 on: November 16, 2012, 10:25:59 AM »
My 414ce-N (recent purchase):

My 814ce (purchased around the same time as the 414 - yeah, I got the Taylor bug!)

This is a gorgeous guitar. The wood grain and color really look pristine on this one. NICE!
2012 Taylor Custom GA BTO - Sinker/Macassar
1998 Taylor W-10
2018 Duesenberg Starplayer TV sparkle blue

drbob1

« Reply #323 on: November 18, 2012, 08:59:39 PM »
First time I've tried pics on thsi forum.

This is a Lemon Grove 510, since gone down the road. Loud, bass for days, but weird triangular neck:

And my new DN Custom in Brazilian:

Floridartist

« Reply #324 on: November 19, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »
Ok, my turn, I just bought this New, 2011 Taylor 716 ce vintage sunburst, with Western Red Cedar Top under all that  sunburst, Abalone, rosette  dots in the fingerboard and Abalone Taylor insignia in the headstock, to my understanding, the 2011 has the Western Red Cedar Tops also the brown case with brown fabric,  I am going to have to get used to the wider string spacing, wider neck than I am used to and the medium gauge strings. I am sure in time it will all come about, the guitar is a keeper, has a huge long sustain on the strum,

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #325 on: November 20, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »
Ok, my turn, I just bought this New, 2011 Taylor 716 ce vintage sunburst, with Western Red Cedar Top under all that  sunburst, Abalone, rosette  dots in the fingerboard and Abalone Taylor insignia in the headstock, to my understanding, the 2011 has the Western Red Cedar Tops also the brown case with brown fabric,  I am going to have to get used to the wider string spacing, wider neck than I am used to and the medium gauge strings. I am sure in time it will all come about, the guitar is a keeper, has a huge long sustain on the strum,

Congrats!  The sunburst looks great!  I'm betting the sound is nice and warm!  8)
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

Floridartist

« Reply #326 on: November 20, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »
 The guitar has that warm sound I was seeking, though the action is a little high, the neck has a very slight under curve, which is very correctable, seems the store didnt do a set up for me, so I ordered the 1/4 wrench from Taylorware, It would had been nice if the wrench came with the guitar,  it kind of holds me up doing my setup, so I live with patience, as of today, this 716ce is still a keeper, there are sure some fine Tayor Guitar pictures on this forum, thanks
John123

kitesurfer

« Reply #327 on: November 21, 2012, 10:43:41 AM »
The guitar has that warm sound I was seeking, though the action is a little high, the neck has a very slight under curve, which is very correctable, seems the store didnt do a set up for me, so I ordered the 1/4 wrench from Taylorware, It would had been nice if the wrench came with the guitar,  it kind of holds me up doing my setup, so I live with patience, as of today, this 716ce is still a keeper, there are sure some fine Tayor Guitar pictures on this forum, thanks
John123

my taylor came with a hex key.  i rremoved the rod cover and found no hex adj...i need a wrench. i've got all kinds of wrenches buat nothing that will work without removing the strings.  the really sad part is that i didn't know how bad my taylor plays until i bought a cheapo ebay acoustic/electric with the string really low to the frets...plays so easy.  so i can pay for a set up or buy the Taylor tool.  seems like when you pay over $XXX for a guitar, it should be set up.

edited for price & to remove dealer reference -
please contact Taylor Customer Service for resolution if the action is out-of-spec
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:35:24 AM by UTGF-Team »

Floridartist

« Reply #328 on: November 21, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »
My patience didn't hold to well on the wait for the $4.00 wrench I ordered from Taylor yesterday, with the Thanksgiving week on us who's to know when it will be mailed, so into the shop I went, looked for a 1/4" socket, found it, off to the grindstone I went at it, grinded it smaller, and shortened it, smooth all the edges out, (very important) went up to the new Taylor, took off the truss rod cover, the new socket went in like a charm, gave it two 1/4" turns, waaaa laaaa it brought the action down nicely, then I took just a tad off the saddle, upped a 1/8th on the rod, Perfect, action, the new medium gauge strings are settling in just as nicely, Nothing like having a set up, even if I had to do it myself (carefully)
I guess I will keep this guitar
John123

drbob1

« Reply #329 on: November 22, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »
DIY for the win!