Author Topic: Hardcase for T5-X  (Read 1566 times)

Hold Short

Hardcase for T5-X
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:07:32 AM »
Hi there,

I'm trying to find where I can get a hardcase (or a more substantial soft case than Taylor provide) for my new T5 Classic which I got yesterday.  Whether I was wise or foolish remains to be seen as I sold my 314ce to get the T5.  The question is why would I do that?  I play in a church and some songs are written with acoustic in mind whilst others benefit from a bit of distortion and delay.  The T5 seems to bridge that middle ground in one guitar.  Not brilliant in either sphere but good in both.  I also confess to being slightly vain - don't want to turn up with all the gear and precious little talent!   :-[  Enough of that! I'm looking for a hardcase and I can't seem to find anything at all - any suggestion will be most appreciated -  many thanks (by the way, I'm in the UK)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
Re: Hardcase for T5-X
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 11:31:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  I can't help you with the hard case (although someone here will) I can speak to the T5.  I got one last month and am enjoying the heck out of it, I agree that it is a very nice all purpose guitar.  I found that if I only needed one guitar the T5 would be the one.  Check out my NGD......http://www.unofficialtaylorguitarforum.com/index.php?topic=2674.msg26558#msg26558

Hold Short

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 03:45:22 PM »
Thanks TP516 - I've gone through your link and it's clear I have a lot to learn!  I have found that the Hiscox PRO-GS Semi Acoustic 335 Case seems to fit (local guitar shop) but yet to check it out myself. Thanks once again

Nomad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 11:35:11 AM »
A standard T5 hardshell case should work, shouldn't it?

Hold Short

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 06:34:24 AM »
I got in contact with Taylor in Netherlands and they wanted full retail for a hard case.  Seemed a little expensive for me at the moment - perhaps it is a matter if saving some pennies...

removed price
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:37:39 AM by Cindy »