Author Topic: SolidBody pickup switch problems  (Read 2547 times)

bjf

SolidBody pickup switch problems
« on: October 17, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
Any updates from anyone on the widespread problem of these switches going bad?  I see one old thread here about this.  I have a 2007 SB Standard purchased new in 2010 (shows how slow they sell).  A year later the pickup switch went bad and was replaced under warranty.  Now, a year after that, it happened again and my shop is waiting for a new switch to come in.  I'm wondering if this will become a yearly event.
2007 SolidBody Standard

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
Re: SolidBody pickup switch problems
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 04:19:20 PM »
Any updates from anyone on the widespread problem of these switches going bad?  I see one old thread here about this.  I have a 2007 SB Standard purchased new in 2010 (shows how slow they sell).  A year later the pickup switch went bad and was replaced under warranty.  Now, a year after that, it happened again and my shop is waiting for a new switch to come in.  I'm wondering if this will become a yearly event.

Where on earth did you buy a 2007 model??? All of those, that were still in stores, were supposed to have been shipped back to Taylor. They had issues...
No one has ever been on their death-bed wishing they'd been more practical...

bjf

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 03:35:28 PM »
I had no clue about problems with 2007 models.  Just the pickup switch, or other problems?  In any event, when I bought it I didn't pay any attention to when it was built.  I was surprised when later I saw the card with the build date, but I knew these weren't exactly hot sellers.  I got it at Empire Music in Pittsburgh, PA.  They seem reputable and have a large stock of Taylor guitars.
2007 SolidBody Standard

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 11:17:43 AM »
I had no clue about problems with 2007 models.  Just the pickup switch, or other problems?

There other issues...
No one has ever been on their death-bed wishing they'd been more practical...

bjf

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 11:32:48 AM »
I've been away a bit, but if you see this Steve, can you elaborate a bit about the other issues with the 2007 model SolidBody?  What should I watch out for?  This is my main guitar, so I'd like to be vigilant in preventing or fixing any problems.  Mine is a Standard, if that matters.
2007 SolidBody Standard

Herb Hunter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 02:12:59 PM »
Until I read Reply #1, I had not heard anything about a recall of all 2007 solid-body guitars nor have I heard of any issues beyond a couple of instances having to do with the German-made pickup selector switch.

Edited to remove sentence based on a misread
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:22:46 PM by Herb Hunter »

PureTone

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
Steve's post read 'Where on earth' not 'Why'.

The guitar was over 3 years old when bjf bought it.

Steve hasn't posted in nearly 4 months.

Is there a reason why you're reviving this thread?

Herb Hunter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 06:21:05 PM »
Steve's post read 'Where on earth' not 'Why'.

The guitar was over 3 years old when bjf bought it.

Steve hasn't posted in nearly 4 months.

Is there a reason why you're reviving this thread?

I didn't realize this thread was old. It showed up among the ones I had yet to read so  I assumed it was current.

zoommutt

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 09:04:05 PM »
I have a 2007 custom that had to have a new pickup switch.great guitar.I'm glad you brought this thread back.