Author Topic: 2011 Taylor GC-Koa non-cutaway question  (Read 1153 times)

unclesally1

2011 Taylor GC-Koa non-cutaway question
« on: December 30, 2012, 03:29:53 PM »
I Just got a new 2011 Taylor GC-Koa non-cutaway.  This guitar is absolutely stunningly beautiful... Plays and sounds amazingly right out of the box. Intonation is perfect. All notes are consistent and ring out clearly with no buzzing even though the action is low and easy. I'm a major pain in the arse when it comes to being satisfied with an acoustic guitar... I gotta say, this little guitar is a dream. Maybe not everyone's taste as the smaller body and shorter scale neck isn't terribly loud acousticlly,,, but for me this guitar fits me on all levels. Perfect couch picking size and actually sounds pretty darned good plugged in for recording...still experimenting with that, but so far, so good.

Does anyone else here own one of these models???? Would be curious to get your opinions on this GC non-cutaway body style model.... Here's the link to the actual guitar i just bought.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c1q0oDKRuDI

Snydermerge

Re: 2011 Taylor GC-Koa non-cutaway question
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 04:00:29 PM »
I don't own one but oh my, it is stunningly beautiful.  Congrats.
'08 Taylor GA8
PRS McCarty DGT
Martin D12X1AE
'14 Taylor T5Z
'73 Gibson Hummingbird
Rainsong H-WS1000N2

Terry

Re: 2011 Taylor GC-Koa non-cutaway question
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
Very nice. I have one, with a Sitka top, for sale here. Great smaller guitars, with a unique tone. I would keep mine if it wasn't for GAS. (Hope that makes sense ;)) I just never play it.
Good luck with yours. Beautiful finish.
Terry
"Give me some words to dance to and a melody that rhymes" - Steve Goodman
814 (no C, no E),  LKSM-12, Taylor Baritone 6, Holden Village GS Mini