Author Topic: Taylor and NAMM  (Read 28088 times)

StratsRock

Re: Taylor and NAMM
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a US built 110/210 series LTD edition with burst top but I'm flexible.  ;)
Gary

2012 Taylor 312ce
2012 Taylor BBT
2008 Fender American Standard Strat 3TSB RW
2011 Fender MIM Standard Strat 2TSB Maple

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
haven't heard anything -
the 700 series is back on their marquee (thought there might be an additional model, like a 12 fret, but no)

looking on various websites, if one is considering a PS with electronics, i'd suggest picking up a 2012 model
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 05:06:38 PM »
Banjos!!!!    ???

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 08:00:40 PM »
Given Taylor's brand recognition for quality acoustic guitars I would think a high end Taylor acoustic amp would do well.
I think this would be a nice addition as well.  but I doubt it.  Did you ask Bob Taylor at the F & F sale?
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

dmccrider

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 02:58:01 AM »
Given Taylor's brand recognition for quality acoustic guitars I would think a high end Taylor acoustic amp would do well.
I think this would be a nice addition as well.  but I doubt it.  Did you ask Bob Taylor at the F & F sale?

I'm pretty sure he wasn't there this year. I was looking for him, one of the employees told me what he was doing and that he wasn't going to make it... but I don't remember now. Why would you doubt? They've already made a few gorgeous Expression System amps to go with their "Builders Reserve" offerings. I'm suspicious they've just been testing the waters....

Ask jalbert, he knows all about it but he'd rather hold out on us!! ha ha  ;D

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 03:14:03 PM »
I don't think that Taylor will start such a project, although they could do it!  The economy is such that straying from the core of their  successful product line would not be prudent at this juncture.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Guitar Rodeo

• World's largest independent Taylor Guitar dealer
    • Guitar Rodeo Company
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 03:30:21 PM »
I will be at NAMM this year. I'll take some pictures for you guys but by then the cat will be out of the bag  ;)
Jim Tordoff
Guitar Rodeo Company
Specializing in Taylor, Santa Cruz, Carmel, Morris, Huss & Dalton and Breedlove Guitars
http://www.guitarrodeo.com
877 487-6336

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »
I will be at NAMM this year. I'll take some pictures for you guys but by then the cat will be out of the bag  ;)

Here Kitty, Kitty! ;D
Cindy

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 07:45:02 PM »
uhmmm... do have any extra tickets to spare for a friend in need  ;)

jrporter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 12:18:41 AM »
Someone posted that Taylor is going to start glossing the 4XX series guitars, and that it will be announced at NAMM. Ok, I'm the one who posted it, but it's as good a rumor as any, and you heard it here first... :o

Andromeda

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 12:51:03 AM »
Someone posted that Taylor is going to start glossing the 4XX series guitars, and that it will be announced at NAMM. Ok, I'm the one who posted it, but it's as good a rumor as any, and you heard it here first... :o

I love the 400 series and it would be great if they offered it all gloss! I hope this rumor is true!
2016 Taylor Custom Cedar-Rosewood GS
2015 Breedlove Discovery Dreadnaught
2012 Alvarez ABT60 Baritone

Namasté

jrporter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 11:17:45 AM »

I love the 400 series and it would be great if they offered it all gloss! I hope this rumor is true!

Stranger things have happened...

ataylor

• Veteran Member
    • I'm recording an album -- check it out on Kickstarter!
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 07:26:21 PM »
What I think will happen (I have no clue):

- I think they'll simplify their lineup somehow, possibly moving the acoustic series in with the acoustic/electric series and using the tried and true three-digit number system.
- I think we'll see at least one new body shape, possibly as many as three. Won't be surprised if this/these start out as limited models and join the regular lineup next year.
- Acoustic amps. Probably still limited in some form but slightly more available and affordable than the Builder's Reserve series.
- Ukes. Still limited but a more affordable run for Spring Limiteds.

What I hope will happen:

- I'd love to see a 12-fret Grand Concert model available in all series configurations, including 300 and 400 series.
- I'm still curious about the updated dreadnought model that has been hinted at in recent Wood&Steel issues (deep body? bracing changes?).
- Wouldn't mind seeing the 500 series moves to an aesthetic similar to 700 series with optional honeyburst/edgeburst.
- I'd be a big fan of slotted headstock and sunburst options for custom 300/400 series orders.
- And last but definitely not least, I'd really love for Taylor to update their website to something cleaner, crisper, and simpler (more along the lines of what they had prior to the current version)

2005 Taylor 210 (sitka/sapele)

Andromeda

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 11:46:07 PM »
These are the three things I am hoping for: All gloss 400 series and a revoiced and redesigned jumbo. I also wouldn't mind a return to the old numbering series for the acoustic line.
2016 Taylor Custom Cedar-Rosewood GS
2015 Breedlove Discovery Dreadnaught
2012 Alvarez ABT60 Baritone

Namasté

jrporter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 09:18:49 AM »
It seems that a return to the prior three-digit nomenclature is an almost foregone conclusion. This was and will be a simpler system, but I hope that it will elevate and not diminish the standing of the current acoustic series...