Author Topic: Taylor ES system issues on all the new 2012's  (Read 11965 times)

dmccrider

Re: Taylor ES system issues on all the new 2012's
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 10:10:04 PM »
I call shenanigans!  :P

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 10:29:56 AM »
I call shenanigans!  :P

I was thinking of a different phrase.   ;)
2014 Taylor 522ce 12-fret
2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
2013 Rainsong Shorty SG-FLE
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini

rolleiguy54

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
 Looks to be someone looking to bash Taylor. What is the real point of this?

Herb Hunter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »
Well, if my suspicions are correct, and I could be quite wrong, it is to get as many responses, preferably emotional ones, as one can from contriving a false scenario intended to vex or infuriate.

eclipse6985

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 02:46:16 PM »
Wow some of you like red have big mouths behind a keyboard. But hey its the way of the internet just speaking of the stuff that has been coming in lately to our GC store. Bashing Taylors not hardly...it was too bad because some of these that came in sounded incredible acoustically. 416ce a 614ce and 814ce all stood out from the bunch tested the electronics and for example the 614 would cut out the sound when the treble control was used. The 416 and 816 for example had random crackling and popping then sound cutting out completely. Yes new batteries where put in and different cables and different PA's. Maybe we got a bad batch... Some of you need to grow up though on this board. Just wanted to see if anyone experienced issues with the newest boards on the ES.
NEWEST additions Gibson songwriter deluxe standard EC and a Gibson Hawk 1999

Taylor Solidbody sb1

Taylor GC3 with LR Baggs FOR SALE

Fender reissue 72 custom
Fender Blues Jr NOS reissue

Bose L1C  FOR SALE

Custom built handwired distortion pedal

dmccrider

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 03:06:20 PM »
Wow some of you like red have big mouths behind a keyboard.

Oh no he didn't ... 

ha ha

PureTone

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 05:37:50 PM »
So I have tried about 10 2012 model taylors 300 range to 800 range and 7 out of 10 had failing ES systems right outta the box already. They all have the newest version 3.2 boards in them. Has anyone else been experiencing this with the newest Taylors? Makes me wary of ever relying on an es system for a gig....
7 out of 10 from about 10 ... Okay.

... 416ce a 614ce and 814ce all stood out from the bunch tested the electronics and for example the 614 would cut out the sound when the treble control was used. The 416 and 816 for example had random crackling and popping then sound cutting out completely.
Were the string ground fuses checked in any of them ?
What about the other 4 ?

Was the 416ce this one ?
That 416ce was quite possibly the worst sounding recording guitar plugged direct in using the ES system unfortunately. I wanted to love the ES system but between 5 repairs in a month on it and then sub par sound no more ES for me.

Yes new batteries where put in and different cables and different PA's.
A new battery doesn't automatically mean it's a good battery. Cables can be tested, as well as proper grounding of the PA outlet being used.

Maybe we got a bad batch
Do you work for GC ?

I have been searching around the forum for what other folks have thought about the taylor solidbody classic electric and seems kinda in line what with I have thought great instruments but just doesnt cut through a band mix like a tele or les paul. So I think its going to be time to let my solidbody go for sale. Love the acoustic though.
Then why is the GC3 is for sale in your signature ?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:52:03 AM by PureTone »

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 10:05:43 PM »
I went to GC to get current pricing on a Taylor and they did not even have them listed.  Are they no longer selling Taylors or is GC going out of business?  I have heard rumors.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Gutch

• Veteran Member
    • www.davegutshall.com
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »
I went to GC to get current pricing on a Taylor and they did not even have them listed.  Are they no longer selling Taylors or is GC going out of business?  I have heard rumors.

I just checked and they show 226 models available at guitarcenter.com .
‎"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
-- Plato

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 09:36:26 AM »

Uhmm... So I went back this morning and still no Taylors, I must have some sort of problem with the search engine. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Gutch

• Veteran Member
    • www.davegutshall.com
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »

Uhmm... So I went back this morning and still no Taylors, I must have some sort of problem with the search engine. 

Try this link...:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Taylor,Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-Guitar.gc?ipp=100

‎"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
-- Plato

American Red

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 12:40:13 PM »
500 users, average three Taylors to each user: No problems
1 user :7 non-working out of 10 guitars and one of the three remaining ES systems has issues.
6 posts and all of them bashing Taylor one way or another.
Works at a guitar store, but brings the issue to the end user and not to the Rep.

Troll-Alt-Delete

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:50:02 PM by American Red »

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »
In all fairness, I did play a beautiful new T-5 at the closest Guitar Center to us last month... great action, perfect in appearance, but a pickup/switch problem with that new guitar had two positions on the switch non-functional.  I was appalled that the salesman in that store knew there was a problem with the guitar, but rather than get it fixed, they left it hanging on the wall... up out of reach for all but the tallest.  The T-5 is kinda like the ES, but no other new Taylor that I tried had any issue with the ES.  Well, there was one that I couldn't get a sound out of at a different Guitar Center... but, it didn't have a 9v battery in it.   ::)  Not really a Taylor problem.
2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini

Herb Hunter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »
In all fairness, I did play a beautiful new T-5 at the closest Guitar Center to us last month... great action, perfect in appearance, but a pickup/switch problem with that new guitar had two positions on the switch non-functional.  I was appalled that the salesman in that store knew there was a problem with the guitar, but rather than get it fixed, they left it hanging on the wall... up out of reach for all but the tallest.  The T-5 is kinda like the ES, but no other new Taylor that I tried had any issue with the ES.  Well, there was one that I couldn't get a sound out of at a different Guitar Center... but, it didn't have a 9v battery in it.   ::)  Not really a Taylor problem.

The Expression System doesn't use the pickup switch found on the T5. It is my understanding, and I haven't verified it recently, that the T5 pickup switch is made in Germany.

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 06:02:56 PM »

The Expression System doesn't use the pickup switch found on the T5. It is my understanding, and I haven't verified it recently, that the T5 pickup switch is made in Germany.

Yes, I am aware of that.  The pickup on the T-5, however does use 3 different pickups (along the lines of the ES)... close as I could come to being personally aware of ANY pickup problem on a 2012 Taylor, but specifically pointing out that this particular Guitar Center put it out for sale, knowing there was a problem.  To me that says something about the dealer as opposed to the manufacturer.

My apologies if I implied in any way that the T-5 pickup/switch set up is the same thing as an ES system.  I'll go sit in the corner for a while.  ;)
2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini