Author Topic: NUOOD!! (New Uke on Order Day)  (Read 3578 times)

markallen

NUOOD!! (New Uke on Order Day)
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
As I patiently wait for the Brown Truck to deliver my new 2011 Talylor Fall Koa Ltd (is that enough to meet the required "Taylor" content to be able to post here??:)) ) I wanted to share my order for a wonderful ukulele made by Jake Maclay from Hive Ukuleles

www.hiveukuleles.com

This uke will be a "Hornet" size/shape with an Adirondack Spruce top and figured mahogany back/sides. The rosette will be inlaid with spalted maple to compliment the same woods on the rosette of my Kwasnycia SJ. There will be a blank fretboard except for a MOP inlay to match a portion of my company logo on the 12th fret. Current wait time for one of Jake's instruments is about 10 months. I'm very proud to be able to commission this instrument and am really looking forward to receiving it. Here is a picture of the rosette:

Now I just hope I have the patience to wait....

Mark

Iplay2

Re: NUOOD!! (New Uke on Order Day)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:04:34 PM »
As I patiently wait for the Brown Truck to deliver my new 2011 Talylor Fall Koa Ltd (is that enough to meet the required "Taylor" content to be able to post here??:)) ) I wanted to share my order for a wonderful ukulele made by Jake Maclay from Hive Ukuleles

Too funny.  I love the "almost Taylor" NGD's on here.  Congrats on the Uke...and the FALL Ltd Koa!!

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »

www.hiveukuleles.com

This uke will be a "Hornet" size/shape with an Adirondack Spruce top and figured mahogany back/sides. The rosette will be inlaid with spalted maple to compliment the same woods on the rosette of my Kwasnycia SJ. There will be a blank fretboard except for a MOP inlay to match a portion of my company logo on the 12th fret. Current wait time for one of Jake's instruments is about 10 months. I'm very proud to be able to commission this instrument and am really looking forward to receiving it. Here is a picture of the rosette:

Now I just hope I have the patience to wait....

Mark

As the founder/owner of this UTGF..............I approve.   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  Post pics when it's done!  Oh ya...and post pics of the Taylor too...  ;)
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 04:30:40 PM »
Nice, please post some photos when you get them both.  I saw Jake Shimabukuro in concert last night and who woulda ever thought of a solo ukulele player on tour?  All I can say is wow!!!

markallen

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 04:46:06 PM »
Nice, please post some photos when you get them both.  I saw Jake Shimabukuro in concert last night and who woulda ever thought of a solo ukulele player on tour?  All I can say is wow!!!

Jake is incredible. I saw him about 6 months ago and was just blown away.

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »
congrats on the incoming Koa LTD & not-too-distant-future ukelele, Mark :)

i was looking at Jake's website & well ...
i'll just leave it at ziricote, walnut & maple :o
http://hive.studioholladay.com/

wow :D
adi & figured hog ... nice ;D
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/