Author Topic: New case for a GS Mini  (Read 933 times)

kenr

New case for a GS Mini
« on: November 20, 2012, 07:01:42 PM »
I'm getting ready for a trip with my mini and I wanted a studier case just in case I am forced to check it in on a flight.   I ordered the SKB Mini soft case and it came today.   Its at my office now and I haven't had time to test it with my guitar.   So far I am very happy with it.  Its light weight but gives me much more protection than the Taylor case that comes with the guitar.   The outside of the case is made of 600 Denier ballistic nylon exterior, fairly standard looking stuff for gig bags.   This soft case is very different then the Taylor bag, the inside has a hard foam interior that is lined with nice plush material. The inside looks similar to good quality hard shell cases.   The case is so hard it feels like a hard shell case that has the look of a sturdy gig bag.  Its light,  I'm sure its heavier then the Taylor bag but not so much that you feel like you are carrying a hard shell case.  I wouldn't run it over with a car or jump on it but if I am forced to check it in with an airline it has a very good chance of surviving.    I got mine on ebay.  For me  it well worth it,  I like the extra protection.

edited for price
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:09:32 PM by UTGF-Team »