Author Topic: Another Huge Thumbsup to Taylor's CS  (Read 4407 times)

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Another Huge Thumbsup to Taylor's CS
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:05:54 PM »
Yet another happy experience to reinforce yet another quality response from the company we know so well!

From old posts, you may recall I had some ES intermittant issues from "percussive playing" ...um, a bit o banging, but just a bit ;)  This is on my 08 Custom DN that gets a lot of play, and I rely on it a bunch.  The intermittant issue was first addressed back in Jan or so by a local auth shop so I didnt have to ship it, and was 100% fine for all this time (not to mention they did the fix gratis!).  But then reared its ugly head a few months ago when I posted about intermittant shorts here.  So on this 3-day weekend with Taylor open, I trekked the fam down for some R&R in SanDiego while I made my side-trek :)  I explained it to the guys at CS and they just went ahead and replaced the ES ...and yes to the 2010 version!!  Gotta love these guys , the company, and the entire ethic that Bob and Kurt clearly seem to instill.  Got a clear pg stuck on there as well.  The jury is still out on that one ...but having upgraded two past Taylors to the new ES in the past, let's just say I am well beyond the happy-camper state of mind right now!!!

Edward

sachi

• Veteran Member
Re: Another Huge Thumbsup to Taylor's CS
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
Taylor is a great company, no doubt about it!
Sachi

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor, Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.

wooglins

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
They are top notch.  There have been so many instances of things they have done for me, that I know many of their competitors would never do.

One of the many reasons why I am a Taylor fan.

dmccrider

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 03:11:56 AM »
+1 on Taylor's customer service, they've always taken good care of me. It's curious though, I also had a problem with my ES about a year after I bought my guitar. It was making a "farting" sound when I'd have the amp cranked up. Of course when your amp is cranked it usually means you are in the middle of a jam so it was a bit embarrassing when it would happen. Although they didn't replace it the first time I brought it in and I ended up having to come back again, they went ahead and replaced it after that. The latest ES had just came out and I didn't end up with the upgrade but I've got no complaints, it's worked great since then. They were always really cool and hospitible towards me + it gave me an excuse to go hang out at the factory!  ;D

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 08:57:18 AM »
Taylor not only builds a great guitar, they know how to run a great company, including  customer service. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.