Author Topic: Armrest question  (Read 8084 times)

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales

• Veteran Member
    • LA Guitar Sales
Re: Armrest question
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »
My own feeling is that people willing to shell out a thousand bucks on an armrest will most likely have pre-determined that they very much want it, so it doesn't surprise me that the vast majority of them report that they are happy with it post-purchase.

Before I had my BTO built, I went and test drove a couple of guitars with armrests, and it struck me as just about the most innocuous addition you could make on a guitar.  But that's just me.  Other people seem to swear by them.

Hi Dennis,

I don't think it has to do with any pre determined decisions, the armrest will in fact make any guitar more comfortable to play, period. The larger the guitar the more it will help. When we built you your BTO I don't think we discussed the armrest option, but if we had I would have told you that your GC 12-Fret will be plenty comfortable without one. 

As with so many other things people consider in these guitar forums, the best advice is to go to a shop that carries a guitar (Taylor or not) with an armrest, and spend some time with it.  Switch back and forth between that guitar and the identical body size without an armrest.  Maybe an armrest will feel like nirvana ... maybe it will feel like a thousand bucks better spent elsewhere.

Always good advice.

i've found a way around $ for the armrest option !
& the solution is ... (wait for it)

just spring for a PS ;)
there is no upcharge for the armrest, as it is already included :D

ok, well ... maybe not (i tried)

I like your style Michael.  ;)