Author Topic: Any shops still selling 2011 Limiteds?  (Read 12136 times)

Drock2k1

Any shops still selling 2011 Limiteds?
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:31:45 PM »
Do shops typically just discount these to move them or do they tend to hold on to them. I am looking everywhere for a 2011 Fall Koa but no luck.

Brian

• just a box of rain...
Re: Any shops still selling 2011 Limiteds?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 02:00:21 AM »
Good question.  I did see a 2011 spring LTD still hanging around a few months back.  After playing it for a while in the shop it came home with me  :)

I'm not sure if you have any interest in buying online but if you do there are a few 2011 Fall Koa's available right now... 

Ebay has a 2011 Fall Koa 510-CE plus 5 or 6 2010 Fall Koas in various styles (not sure if you are interested in a 2010):  http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=taylor+fall+koa&_sacat=0&_from=R40

There's a 2011 Fall Koa 516-CE on gbase:  http://www.gbase.com/gear/taylor-516ce-limited-koa-2011-natural-wood

You can also set up searches on these sites to send you emails whenever a new offering matches your search.  I know its not for everyone and I can understand why, but just to share my experiences... I have purchased 3 high end guitars online and have had an excellent experience each time.  One was from Ted from LA guitar sales.  He is on this forum sometimes.  I would definitely purchase a guitar from him again (and probably will sometime).

Good luck with your search.

-Brian

Black Beauty

• Black Beauty Music
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 02:55:04 AM »
I'm pretty sure they'd be pretty much all sold out. There's one available at Golden Ant in Taiwan, and I'm sure that they'd be happy to ship internationally to get the sale, but FWIW I personally think the Fall 2011 Koa LTD is one of the worst deals you can get, partly because I feel like it is not tone value for money, and secondly most people who like it like it for its aesthetics more than the sound. If you ever got the chance to compare it side by side with a 814, IMO, it is no competition really. Furthermore, the K series offers a better tone IMO because they use Sitka tops and don't sound as dull as the Koa tops. These are just my views.

Drock2k1

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:11:13 AM »
Thanks for the info. I will be honest, the shaded edgeburst is one of the biggest reasons I wanted the Fall limited in particular over any other Koa offering. I guess I will keep looking.

play2praiseHim

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »
Willcutt Guitar Shoppe in Lexington Kentucky has 2. A GA and a GC. They always seem to have a plethora of LTD's.  Just dont expect the deep discounts like you get from some of our forum sponsors. :o
Lady Toni
2013 Gibson Hummingbird True Vintage Ltd.
2012 GS Mini LTD Tasmanian Blackwood

Drock2k1

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 02:06:39 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Too bad they don't discount like the cool cats here :)

play2praiseHim

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 08:24:52 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Too bad they don't discount like the cool cats here :)

I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.
Lady Toni

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 10:26:40 AM »
I know you're looking for a koa model, but Martin Musics still has one Cocobolo model. I have played it, and it is a wonderful instrument! The grain in the Cocobolo back is spectacular:

http://www.martinmusicguitar.com/products/acousticguitars/products.php?pcid=10064&cid=42464&pid=67758
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »
Just dont expect the deep discounts like you get from some of our forum sponsors.

This is an interesting comment.

Why would you expect "deep discounts" from a forum sponsor?
No one has ever been on their death-bed wishing they'd been more practical...

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 07:02:32 PM »
Just dont expect the deep discounts like you get from some of our forum sponsors.

To clarify, the UTGF doesn't have any forum sponsors at this time. Whether or not that changes will be up to our wonderful Admin (remember, we are still a relatively new forum). :)

If anyone wishes to discuss dealer discounts, please do so via PM's. Thank you! :D
Cindy

Black Beauty

• Black Beauty Music
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »
I know you're looking for a koa model, but Martin Musics still has one Cocobolo model. I have played it, and it is a wonderful instrument! The grain in the Cocobolo back is spectacular:

http://www.martinmusicguitar.com/products/acousticguitars/products.php?pcid=10064&cid=42464&pid=67758

Such good value for money, that guitar. If I was to ever purchase any of the Fall LTDs, that one would be it.

play2praiseHim

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 06:16:42 AM »

Sorry. Wrong forum. I was speaking of the AGF sponsors. I see some of the same members here as I do there. I sometimes fail to differentiate between the two. My intent was to help the OP track down the guitar they are interested in. Not to start a taboo conversation.  :-X :o
Lady Toni

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 10:01:02 AM »
My intent was to help the OP track down the guitar they are interested in. Not to start a taboo conversation.

See, that's an interesting comment, as well.

Why would discussing the expectation of a deep discount, simply because one is a member of a forum, be a taboo conversation?

Just wondrin'...

:)

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
My intent was to help the OP track down the guitar they are interested in. Not to start a taboo conversation.

Why would discussing the expectation of a deep discount, simply because one is a member of a forum, be a taboo conversation?

Just wondrin'...

It is simply to help the smaller shops that aren't able to compete with shops which offer bigger discounts. It all ties in to Josh's response which he posted here. ;)
Cindy

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 05:27:07 PM »

Just wondrin'...

It is simply to help the smaller shops that aren't able to compete with shops which offer bigger discounts. It all ties in to Josh's response which he posted here. ;)

Actually, Condy, that has nothing to do with what I asked. Let me try another way:

Why would you expect a deep discount from a forum dealer?

Deep discounts do not help a smaller shop. In fact, just the opposite is true. Smaller shops, which enjoy neither the traffic nor cash flow as a large dealer may, cannot compete for very long if they're selling guitars at just a few points over their cost. They may land a few sales here and there but, in the long run, a dealer who's not making enough money to run their business isn't going to be in business very long. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

I believe my question is a fair one. Why should/would/could someone expect a deep discount from a forum sponsor?

As this forum does not currently have sponsors, we should be able to freely discuss this topic without hurting any "smaller shops"...