Author Topic: A "just right" guitar size - 68mm....who knew?  (Read 1274 times)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
A "just right" guitar size - 68mm....who knew?
« on: October 13, 2012, 04:41:57 PM »
Leave it to the folks at Scientific American to figure this out.  Sorry, it's just a preview but pretty much sums up the article.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2012/09/06/a-just-right-guitar/

not darth

• Veteran Member
  • Near the lake in Minnesota.
Re: A "just right" guitar size - 68mm....who knew?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 01:44:05 AM »
Oh totally, it's the "just right" guitar size... for 6 of 9 listeners and that one player, with that sized soundhole, in that shaped body, with those strings on that length scale, made of those woods, played in that room, at such humidity, on the third tuesday of months ending in "Y", when the moon is nigh. 
 ;) ;D :o ??? ::) :P
That pretty much sums it up!
-K
Member #34
I'm not darth.

not darth

• Veteran Member
  • Near the lake in Minnesota.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 01:46:43 AM »
(All in fun, of course.  I do like SciAm, especially the old Amateur Scientist articles, but best guitar size, really?  That's silly, they may as well come up with a just-right girlfriend or best dog article.)
Member #34
I'm not darth.

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 12:05:29 PM »
(All in fun, of course.  I do like SciAm, especially the old Amateur Scientist articles, but best guitar size, really?  That's silly, they may as well come up with a just-right girlfriend or best dog article.)

I guess I'll have to keep looking for the "just right" guitar... my wife won't let me have a girlfriend, and the cat won't let me have a dog.   8)  Just kidding, of course... I don't want a dog.  ;D
2014 Taylor 522ce 12-fret
2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
2013 Rainsong Shorty SG-FLE
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini