Author Topic: Why doesn't Taylor allow sales on ebay?  (Read 4887 times)

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales

• Veteran Member
    • LA Guitar Sales
Re: Why doesn't Taylor allow sales on ebay?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 01:37:55 PM »
Thank you for the kind words Chuck, and I really do appreciate the heads up on the ad. I read some of your posts over on the UMGF, seems like Taylor has another convert. FYI, whether you are looking to buy or not feel free to email or call me with any guitar related questions, I've been collecting guitars for a long time and have owned hundreds, always love talking guitars.

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 05:34:20 PM »
Can you register a used guitar that has never been registered before even if you are not the first owner? Possibly, but you shouldn't count on it.

You absolutely can.

"Warranty" and "register" are two different things.

Anyone who buys a Taylor, whether it's used or new, should register it online. Why?

1 - It gets you signed up for Wood & Steel
2 - It associates that serial number with the owner, which makes the CS Reps job easier if the guitar ever comes home
3 - If the guitar is ever reported stolen, and someone tries to get service on it, it can be identified as stolen
4 - Makes it so you can get notified of Taylor events (Road Show, Find Your Fit) in your area

Basically, registering the guitar with Taylor doesn't mean you get warranty coverage. It simply identifies you as the owner. With very few exceptions, you'd still have to be the first owner of that guitar to get the warranty...
No one has ever been on their death-bed wishing they'd been more practical...

Satsuki

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 10:38:51 AM »
I bought my GS8 from a Taylor dealer on Ebay.

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 03:58:36 PM »
I edited and deleted a few posts in this thread since the original link in question now shows a non-Taylor guitar, but I tried to maintain the continuity of the discussion as much as possible. Bottom line: if you see a dealer advertising a Taylor on ebay as new AND with a warranty, please consider contacting Taylor and allowing them to decide what to do. Thank you.
Cindy