Author Topic: Two thoughts about this forum  (Read 11393 times)

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
Re: Two thoughts about this forum
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 09:57:31 PM »
i don't know.  i'm a little ambivalent.  will this forum really need to be that specific?  will there be questions such as, did taylor ever make a maple bridge?   or will it typically resort to the same ad infinitum questions asked on the AGF, UMGF, Guitars Music and life, and various other fora, such as:  does my guitar really open up?  or, does the tonerite/prime vibe really work?  or, do brass bridge pins really give my guitar more resonance?  or, what is the greatest guitar in the world for under $100?  and, no the answer is not an estaban.  Ha!

i don't know the answer.  i'm just throwing out the questions.

play music!
hi muscmp
good to see you here :)
WELCOME !i feel that there many things to discuss here, even without a general section
i have no 'answers', as what works well for me may not for anyone else & vice versa ... it's all good, imho 8)

i've never seen a maple bridge on a Taylor, but they have done them in cocobolo & macassar ebony -
i have a guitar that has a transblack quilted maple headstock & maple binding, but i never thought to ask
about the possibility of a maple bridge, as there are no rosewood or maple boards offered yet on the SBs
a guitar opening up ???
depends on who you ask - i think it does, even without constant playing
tonerite/prime vibe - a member was using a tonerite on an all koa guitar, curious to hear an update
brass bridge pins - liked 'em on a 'hog top & would be careful with them on string changes on a cedar top :o
under a franklin - perhaps an 'imperfect' silver creek or a used solid top alvarez, walden, washburn or yamaha ???
lots of string threads in here too (Elixir NanoPolyWeb PB 80/20 EXP JP ClearNewTone Martin Extra Light medium gauge) ;)

on another note -
just wondering if have a favorite BBQ sauce, if you golf or are an auto enthusiast :)

hope you enjoy the place & please make yourself comfortable :D
play on ;D
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

jjracer

Re: Two thoughts about this forum
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 04:22:31 PM »
I came here because it was Taylor specific, please keep it that way.  I have other guitars but can talk about them other places.

This is a great idea, don't change it.  Just my two cents.
Guitars? Yes still have them
If I'm not here....... I am somewhere else