Author Topic: Hello Everyone! Good News Update!  (Read 44158 times)

Brian Swerdfeger @ Taylor

Re: Hello Everyone! *Good News Update!* + Update 2.0
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome Josh!

I believe you should make this a place for all that love guitars, and not just Taylor. In fact, I'm typing this from my office that has a wall full of my favorite guitars: Tom Anderson, Fender Custom Shop, Gretsch, PRS, and my most recent purchase... a Gibson ES-330 from 1963. Accordingly, I'm a member of The Gear Page, Huge Racks, Inc., Rig Talk, and other gear communities around the web.

All of us at Taylor have a love and appreciation for a wide variety of guitars from all makers, too. That's what keeps life interesting, right? And our feelings are not hurt if someone believes a Martin D-18 is a great dred - 'cause it's hard to disagree!

In a couple of months we'll have a great place to talk all things Taylor, but in the mean time I'm happy to be here.

barefooter

• West Virginia Hills
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 05:00:12 PM »
Josh,

I want to publically thank you for the invitation to be a part of this Forum. 

A few years abck I found the other Forum (which I really liked and still do) when researching Taylor Guitars.  It was because of the Taylor Section that I became a T5 owner and just last year, the owner of an 814ce Tobacco Burst.  Without the great amount of knoweldge abounding in posts elsewhere, I might not have become a Taylor owner.

I look forward to being a part of this new Forum.  I might not have a lot of expertise to offer, but I can offer enthusiam and I can read a lot :)

Hey, this was my first post here...,.
Tom
2005 T5 C2
2010 814ce Tobacco Burst
and a few other pieces of equipment
Romans 1:16

zipzapp29

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 05:06:12 PM »
Hey Josh. Appreciate the creation of this forum. As a longtime TGF'r it was sad to see it go, but Im very impressed with the amount of traffic & members here already. Awesome, and thanks again.

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 06:01:37 PM »
Just thought I'd mention that I've been monitoring the activity of the other new site that started up this morning and ... well, there is none.  No activity, that is.  Not one post all day long.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »
Just thought I'd mention that I've been monitoring the activity of the other new site that started up this morning and ... well, there is none.  No activity, that is.  Not one post all day long.

I noticed that, too, and feel kinda bad for the guy, but Josh had his up first and is allowing us to offer ideas on subforum names.  8)
Cindy

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2011, 07:07:04 PM »

I noticed that, too, and feel kinda bad for the guy, but Josh had his up first and is allowing us to offer ideas on subforum names.  8)

Me too, I PM'd him about this place.

cotten

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2011, 12:04:18 PM »
I'm not likely to have much additional online time for other forums, but I'm glad to see this place launched. Best wishes to all!

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales

• Veteran Member
    • LA Guitar Sales
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2011, 12:56:30 PM »

I seriously doubt there is enough interest in talking about Taylor guitars to support two more forums. For example on a busy day the AGF has about 50 visitors on the Taylor forum and 150 on the general section, but only about two thirds that on normal days. Currently they have 450 visitors, 80 of which are members and this is on one of the largest guitar forums on the net at their busiest time. Interestingly enough, right now there are approximately 1000 visitors on my website, 1700 on the Taylor Facebook page, and a whopping 4700 on the Martin Facebook page.

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »

I seriously doubt there is enough interest in talking about Taylor guitars to support two more forums. For example on a busy day the AGF has about 50 visitors on the Taylor forum and 150 on the general section, but only about two thirds that on normal days. Currently they have 450 visitors, 80 of which are members and this is on one of the largest guitar forums on the net at their busiest time. Interestingly enough, right now there are approximately 1000 visitors on my website, 1700 on the Taylor Facebook page, and a whopping 4700 on the Martin Facebook page.

I would agree with all of the above.  At this point, I believe that we will keep this great forum focusing only on all things Taylor.  As stated before, I don't want to compete with JR and his AGF forum.  His forum is wonderful!  I only created this because the Taylor sub-forum over there was going to be deleted/merged. 

The other new forum that was started recently...has a Taylor sub-forum, but also has many other brand name guitar sub-forums as well.  I think focusing only on Taylor Guitars lends uniqueness to this forum/website.

Having an "official" and "unofficial" Taylor forum, will be great though!  I hope that people would be able to speak their minds freely on either forum.  Since we're not the official Taylor company, I think that people will understand that we're here to support "Quality Taylor Guitars" and that we're not forced to say so.

This forum was birthed out of an absolute love for Bob Taylor and his wonderful company.  We are here to support Bob's work, and his company.  Having both the "official" and "unofficial" forums will also help to expand our knowledge, as many people with different hobbies...many times...are members of multiple forums that cover the exact same product.

I really think this is the beginning of something great.  You all make this forum special.  Thanks for being apart of it!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:54:39 PM by jjrpilot-admin »
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

e8n

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2011, 09:02:10 PM »
It wouldn't be bad to have a general section and a "other topics" section for those that want talk about other guitars or other things.  Its nice to have a place to move messages too that just don't belong in the sub topic.  After 15 years running forums, we are still tweaking things to keep folks happy on my site.

-Dave
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:15:03 AM by e8n »
2011 Taylor Custom GS (Adi/Rosewood)
2012 Taylor 814LTD Spring Limited
2008 Fender Telecaster
2010 Kentucky Mandolin

Guitars of the past: Alvarez AD60, 2007 Taylor 110ce, 2006 Taylor 710ce, Taylor 2008 GS Fall Ltd, 2010 Taylor 814ce, 2010 Taylor K26c,2010 Taylor Custom DN, Taylor 714ce

Redwood Tree

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2011, 09:22:15 PM »
Hi All...
  My new place to hang out , My AGF Name GTomcan... I'm Now Redwood Tree and well Have to say I can't get over what happend and Now I will be trying to hang here, I guess it may have some thing to do with my at the moment 8  Taylors.
 But the AGF was my roots from back in 2002,

I Like what this is and so happy to be with this great Utgf ! :D
 Tom
Tom
"So Many Taylors Not Enough Talant"

Gary0319

• Sarasota FL USA
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »
Redwood Tree, welcome.....

This is truely turning out to be a very special community.
Nice folks here.....

Gary
Taylor 612c Quilted Maple - 1994
Taylor Custom GC All Mahogany - 2010
Guild GAD30R - 2005
Recording King ROS-06 - 2010
Eastman E10 OM - 2011
Greg Bennett OM-08 - 2009
Yamaha CGX-171SCF Flamenco - old

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »
Hi All...
  My new place to hang out , My AGF Name GTomcan... I'm Now Redwood Tree and well Have to say I can't get over what happend and Now I will be trying to hang here, I guess it may have some thing to do with my at the moment 8  Taylors.
 But the AGF was my roots from back in 2002,

I Like what this is and so happy to be with this great Utgf ! :D
 Tom

Hi Redwood Tree...err Tom!  So glad you're here!! Welcome!
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »
Tom, the 'unofficial' 900L7 braz/Cindy king :D

good to see you here ...
i've said it before, but that 01 614ceLTD quilted
tobaccoburst you had was just beautimous :)

make yourself to home - coat-check is at the door ;)
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

sthompson

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2011, 06:51:10 PM »
I'm in.  Thanks jjrpilot, and all the others instrumental in creating,
maintaining and participating here.  I'm looking forward to this, and
it's good to see some of the old, familiar names.

....now if I can just get rid of that "newbie" moniker.....
st
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:48:53 PM by sthompson »
R.Taylor & Taylor, Goodall, Bourgeois, and Collings.
If only my skills were as sweet...