Author Topic: Hello Everyone! Good News Update!  (Read 44008 times)

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Hello Everyone! Good News Update!
« on: December 08, 2011, 12:02:59 AM »
Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the "Unofficial Taylor Guitar Forum!"

First of all, I'm extremely thankful for the information on the "other" guitar forum. Since learning that the Taylor subsection was going to be merged with the general section, I thought it might be helpful to make a new forum based for everyone that would still love to talk about anything related to only Taylor guitars!

I know that as of right now this forum board is pretty simple.  I'm new to webpage/forum design, but hope that we can make it better in short time.  Please be patient!

Sincerely, "jjrpilot"

The Unofficial Taylor Guitar Forum is an independent internet forum which is not in any manner related to or affiliated with "Quality Taylor Guitars" based in El Cajon, California.

Good News!!!!! Some people suggested that I talk to the OFFICIAL "Quality Taylor Guitars" company about using their company name in our website address.  I was able to talk to a Wonderful Taylor representative who told me that as of now it's perfectly acceptable for us to have this forum/website.  She visited this website and saw that it was user generated etc.  She was aware that the "Taylor Guitar" forum on the other site was going to be merged/deleted at the end of the year.  I expressed that many of us just wanted another "home" on the web where we could just talk about Taylor Guitars and their wonderful products.  :)  With this forum board, we won't have to wade through other brands etc.  I also expressed that we were not here, nor did I register this website to make any profit off of their company.  In other words, I think we're good to go! 

I do think that making this "Taylor" specific lends uniqueness to this forum.  What will make this forum even better is the introduction of Taylor specific sub-forums, which we will add soon. Once again if you visit the "theunofficialmartinguitarforum" it is alive and well!  They have thousands of members, and tons and tons of participation...and all they talk about is Martin Guitar specific.

I know that I sound like a broken record at this point, but once again, I can't explain or convey just how thankful I am for each and every one of you who joined, and who will join.

Here's the Facebook link!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Unofficial-Taylor-Guitar-Forum/172404706190182

I just want to publicly thank "Steely Glen" for creating the Facebook page!  You should too.   ;)

Sincerely, Josh......er...."jjrpilot"   
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:03:05 PM by jjrpilot-admin »
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

Steely Glen

• UTGF Member #2
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:37:40 AM »
I'm in. 
Taylor Guitars & Gear:
2010 Taylor 816ce
2011 Taylor 714ce
2005 Taylor 555ce
Taylor K4 Preamp

davwir

• A Coco-nut
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:43:38 AM »
Im in too..

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 02:35:59 AM »
Glad somebody stepped up to the plate and took a swing.  Congratulations!
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Gary0319

• Sarasota FL USA
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 03:50:05 AM »
I'm in too

Congrats on the launch jjrpilot, thanks

Gary
Taylor 612c Quilted Maple - 1994
Taylor Custom GC All Mahogany - 2010
Guild GAD30R - 2005
Recording King ROS-06 - 2010
Eastman E10 OM - 2011
Greg Bennett OM-08 - 2009
Yamaha CGX-171SCF Flamenco - old

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 07:51:39 AM »
Thanks for creating a new, dedicated Taylor forum! Looks great!  :)
Cindy

JWELLS

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 09:49:07 AM »
Thanks for creating this Forum. I'm a Taylor acoustic guy (712CE), but a PRS owner for my main electric rig. I'm also a Steve Krenz Legacy L&MG kinda guy. I don't have any issues with my Taylor, and having owned it for several years I can say that it's opened up very nicely with a mellow tone over time. Lookin' forward to reading all your postings. Lotsa luck.

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »
Thanks for the support everyone!  This is going to take some work, but I believe in the end it will be well worth it.  I have NO PROBLEM with people talking/linking to other forum boards.  It's not about a competition which some forum boards believe it is...I want this to be a source of info for everyone.

You all, and your opinions/feedback are MORE than welcomed here.   

pacmktg

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 11:08:38 AM »
214CE owner here. Thanks fo r starting this board.  I too am a Steve Krenz student.
Eat dessert first.
214CE
Charvel LP
Hand built Tele by me

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 11:23:58 AM »
Thanks for the support everyone!  This is going to take some work, but I believe in the end it will be well worth it.  I have NO PROBLEM with people talking/linking to other forum boards.  It's not about a competition which some forum boards believe it is...I want this to be a source of info for everyone.

Did they give you a reason for deleting your thread?

Yes...which I completely understand.  They stated that all links to forum boards that "compete" etc will be deleted.

I understand that, but the part I struggled with was the fact that they had openly stated that the Taylor section would be merged/deleted.  So they'll delete the Taylor forum, but not give me the ability to tell others about a new alternative.

I'm still going to use AGF, but I'll definitely be using this...and hope that others will do the same.

I'd like to see this be the new Taylor information source etc.

MUCH thanks for your support!  Now let's start posting about Taylors!!!!   ;D

Iplay2

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 12:50:09 PM »
I'm in.  I am still very happy to be a member of the AGF, but I am very interested to see what we can make of the UTGF as well.  Well done Josh.

bo1142

• Knoxville, TN
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 01:28:49 PM »
I'm in.  As someone who operates another forum(motorcycle related), it will be tough to start, but keep doing good things, and people will come.  Thanks for giving us Taylor folks a place for refuge ;D
Boone

My Taylor's:
2001 614ce
2007 GC6e
2008 K24ce
2011 814ce
2011 GSmini w/es-go

My other:
2002 Yamaha FG433s
2003 Fender Strat MIM
2005 Fender P Bass
2011 Mogan Monroe MMS-2 mandolin
2011 Makai LK-80w ukelele

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 01:41:53 PM »
Huge kudos to you, Josh, for undertaking this task!  Granted it will be a work-in-progress, but you "voted" with your feet.  You rock, friend!

Like you and many others, I am grateful to the AGF and its members who have on the whole been so kind, generous, and helpful in things guitar and Taylor.  More than just "sharing knowledge," the folks there made the Taylor forum not just a place to visit, but a genuinely cool place to hang.  But as succinctly stated by another, the gratitide I feel for the forum and its members is not reciprocated by its owner, as evidenced by his own reply.  So I will visit there while there is still a Taylor-specific discussion area.  But I cannot support a place where I am tolerated as mere excess baggage only waiting for my time to be jettisoned.

To all here now, thanks for having me!  Let us rock on, gents!  :)

Edward

Scriptor

• Veteran Member
  • What His holiness demands, His grace has supplied
    • RickLangdon.com
Re: Hello Everyone! *Good News Update!*
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 02:53:03 PM »
OK, I'm in.  Thanks for letting me know and thanks for launching the new forum ... now, how can we get that little guitar playing smiley man icon?   8)

- Scriptor -- currently a 4-Taylor owner
-- Scriptor

Featured demo: http://www.ricklangdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/58-Weeping-in-Ramah-mix-2.mp3

For more very simple demos of original music recorded with Taylor guitars: http://www.ricklangdon.com

Iplay2

Re: Hello Everyone! *Good News Update!*
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 02:58:13 PM »
OK, I'm in.  Thanks for letting me know and thanks for launching the new forum ... now, how can we get that little guitar playing smiley man icon?   8)

- Scriptor -- currently a 4-Taylor owner

Hey Scriptor,

You are going to have to add your avitar so we all recognize you. lol

EDIT: Never mind, I just it lol
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:41:04 PM by Iplay2 »