Author Topic: amps  (Read 13420 times)

Picken Pappy

• “Kick'n back and pick’n on the front porch swing.”
Re: amps
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 09:15:56 PM »
For my needs, and for playing in church I use a Rolland AC-60. I'm very happy with everything about it. Even the chorus sounds great in the right songs. If your looking for a amp, I strongly recommend at least checking out the Rolland line.  I have no affiliation with Rolland, just a satisfied customer.  8)
"A ding in your guitar is like a hicky on your honey. Nothing to get upset about unless you’re NOT the one who put it there!"  >:(     Pappy

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 12:10:39 AM »
For my needs, and for playing in church I use a Rolland AC-60. I'm very happy with everything about it. Even the chorus sounds great in the right songs. If your looking for a amp, I strongly recommend at least checking out the Rolland line.  I have no affiliation with Rolland, just a satisfied customer.  8)

Pappy +1. I have found both the AC60 and AC90 do a fantastic job of capturing the Taylor sound via ES.
2004 Taylor 614ce L30 (daughter's guitar)
2007 Taylor 612ce

coldshot

• Express Yourself
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 01:01:55 AM »
I have a pa set up in my studio, also use it or desk with powered speakers when playing out.
2009 Taylor 35th anniversary Cocobolo GS
2009 Taylor All Mahogany 8 string (modified from a 12 string).
2004 Taylor GA5
2006 Taylor T5 Koa
2010 Gibson 335 Custom
1995 Gibson J35 Ltd
2000 Gibson L5 CES Custom

cotten

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 06:26:49 AM »
My friend, Herb Hunter, has a good suggestion that he posted on another friendly forum: 

He said,
Taylor has announced a limited-edition, builder's-reserve amplifier with matching guitar combination limited to 30 units. The amplifier is a bi-amp design with an 8-inch woofer and 1-inch dome tweeter in a sealed cabinet rated at 40 watts (note that bi-amping increases headroom). The iPhone photograph of a page from the current Wood & Steel depicts a German spruce / flamed mahogany, grand symphony guitar with a matching maple amplifier having a mahogany insert with an inlay following the motif of the guitar inlay.
Who'll be the first among us to order this lovely set?

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

dcopper

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 07:27:10 AM »
For small gigs - Roland AC90.
Midsize- SoloAmp and if needed, added QSC K8s.
Larger gigs- SoloAmp + QSC k8s.
For T5s- same setup as above OR add in electric amp and run A/B to electric amp (Mesa Subway Rocket or PV Delta Blues or Roland Cube80x) and acoustic amp OR
Electric amp with Peavey 12" PA cab on stand as extension speaker.
Vocals through SoloAmp or Roland AC90 with or without QSC K8s to fill the room.
Plug and play with ES guitars and T5s. Easy setup and takedown.
Yeehaa!
davidc
2011 914ce
2012 814ce TBSS
2012 Spring LTD 814ce Cocobolo
2012 FLTD GAce Quilted Sapele
2003 NS74ce coco
T5Custom KOA
T5 Standard Bl
PRSs/Brian Moore C45P/89 Strat
Too many gizmos and amps!

revster

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
all this information has been really great. I will be using my Pa system in my church soon to play for the first time. I am still GASingfor an acoustic amp but I am old enough to wait awhile. thanks again to all who have responded.

solosdad

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 12:47:19 AM »
My wife gave me a Fishman Loudbox Mini for my birthday in November. I'm new to guitars, playing for one year! It sounds great and fills the room with my playing a combo of: Blackbird, Stairway and Tears in Heaven, over and over and over!!!. I don't amp it loud as I have nice neighbors who if I did play loud I'm sure would start a fund to buy me a Yamaha silent guitar! If I were buying though I go for the Fishman Loudbox Artist. Always nice to have more than you need. Ted has certainly benefited from this in my purchase of three guitars from him since last March, one for my son-in-law! My next guitar from Ted will be either an OM 28 Marquis or SCGC Standard OM. Then onto a nice dread, either a D18GE, D28 Marquis or D42, unless a nice SCGC, H&D or Bourgeois snags me. Gibson's quality control is just not consistent. Love their J45 TV, however I would go with either a Kopp or John Walker.
Bob Millner
2014 Collings OOO-2H
2012 Taylor GC6
2011 Martin OM 15 Custom
2013 Eastman E10P
2012 Kenny Hill Crossover
2010 Yamaha LL16 Donated to Guitars 4 Vets

Justiceandmercy

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 04:09:13 AM »
My friend, Herb Hunter, has a good suggestion that he posted on another friendly forum: 

He said,
Taylor has announced a limited-edition, builder's-reserve amplifier with matching guitar combination limited to 30 units. The amplifier is a bi-amp design with an 8-inch woofer and 1-inch dome tweeter in a sealed cabinet rated at 40 watts (note that bi-amping increases headroom). The iPhone photograph of a page from the current Wood & Steel depicts a German spruce / flamed mahogany, grand symphony guitar with a matching maple amplifier having a mahogany insert with an inlay following the motif of the guitar inlay.
Who'll be the first among us to order this lovely set?

cotten

these sets are a bit over the top in the looks department for my preferences... i bet they sound fantastic tho and I'm sure they won't last long whichever store is lucky enough to get to sell them