Author Topic: Problem with SB Classic  (Read 1018 times)

Sword Bringer

Problem with SB Classic
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:01:05 AM »
I did a very stupid thing. While moving some things around I managed to knock my SB Classic face down from it's stand. I never leave it there. It's always in it's case.

It landed, fortunately, on a thick carpet. I thought it would be OK. Everything checked out except, somehow, I drove the low E string too close to the fret board which produced an incredible buzz. Since all the other strings were OK, I couldn't see messing with the truss rod. The neck seemed perfectly straight. I thought that perhaps I had driven the string further into the nut. Or damaged the nut, but there's no visible cracks.. I tried to raise the string height through adjusting the intonation and achieved some success.
I had to turn the intonation screw down about as far in as it could go. I don't think this is the best solution since the head of the other intonation screws are just protruding out of the bottom of the bridge. Why would the low E have to be screwed all the way in? I don't know if the bridge height can be adjusted on these.

What a bone head! Any one have any insights or suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:02:47 AM by Sword Bringer »
"From each according to his ability, to each according to their need."

Taylor 814CE Brazilian
Taylor 414CE Indian
Yari DY62C
'07 Taylor Solid Body Classic
PRS CE-22 Alder
'05 AmStd Strat
'67 Gibson SG Standard
Godin Session
Fender Acoustasonic Jr.
Fender '65 Twin Re-issue