Author Topic: NGD - GS Mini  (Read 11869 times)

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: NGD - GS Mini
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 08:04:52 AM »
You sound pretty sneaky.  ::)  I would have done the same thing  ;)
Have fun with it.  I love mine....I play it more than my other 2 full-sized Taylors.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

dsamuel24

• Moderation in moderation. :)
    • www.dustinsamuel.com
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 03:16:31 PM »
It's JANUARY 6th for goodness sake...

WHERE ARE THE PICS?!?!?!?  ;D   >:(   :D   :(   ;)
Taylor 615ce-L30 Hnyburst (2004) - FOR SALE
Taylor 615ce w/ES3 & TaylorSense (2000)
Taylor 315ce w/Black Tuner Buttons (2010)
Taylor 214ce-BLK w/Blk Tuner Buttons (2012)
Taylor GS Mini-LTD All Koa (2016)
Alvarez 5072 Jumbo (1994)
Ventura Mini Jumbo (2002)

Matt McGriff

• Might be my fault...
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
Probably looks similar to this...

2011 Taylor 810e
2010 Rainsong Hybrid Studio Dread
2011 Taylor GSMini

dsamuel24

• www.dustinsamuel.com
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »
Probably looks similar to this...

Yes, yes I'm sure it does. That's not the point!  :D  I'm giving TP516 a hard time b/c a NGD post is required to have pics, and with this many days having past since his initial post, he is in severe violation & breach of the (unwritten) rules of posting a NGD.

C'mon TP516, give us some love!  :-*

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »
Hello All, sorry for the delay in finally getting a picture of the front grain.  I've had laryngitis and pneumonia this past week so the Mini has been a nice companion.  I could play it while I was lying down in bed - not an option with my full size guitar.  I really like this little guy.  The rest of the guitar is pretty standard so I just wanted to show off the front grain.  As an added bonus the serial number indicates it was made on Halloween - one of my favorite holidays.

I took a nice picture outside in our lovely 50 degree sunny weather on a January sunday in Northern Virginia but it won't upload, guess it's too big.  It's 1.7mb whatever that means so I'll work on it to get it here soon.

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 04:32:24 PM »
Hello All, sorry for the delay in finally getting a picture of the front grain.  I've had laryngitis and pneumonia this past week so the Mini has been a nice companion.

Wow - that was not a good thing for the holidays. I hope you're doing better now. Same thing happened to my younger daughter - pneumonia came out of nowhere on 12/23 but except for a lingering cough, she's finally over it. Cool that you were able to play the mini while you were laid up in bed. I'm sure it helped to pass the time. Also, it's extra special that it was built on one of your favorite holidays :)
2004 Taylor 614ce L30 (daughter's guitar)
2007 Taylor 612ce

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
Thanks John, glad to hear your daughter is on the mend - sure knocked me for a loop last week.  I've been on a mission today to get some pics up.   Here is one of my Koa here and will get the Mini up tomorrow since I finally figured it out.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:23:58 PM by TaylorPlayer516 »

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 11:33:58 PM »
Here is one of my Koa here and will get the Mini up tomorrow since I finally figured it out.

Wow - that is incredible Koa on your Fall Limited 516ce! It almost looks three dimensional. A very beautiful guitar you have there - thank you fort posting such a nice photo of it for us to enjoy :)
2004 Taylor 614ce L30 (daughter's guitar)
2007 Taylor 612ce

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 11:17:46 AM »
Here is one of my Koa here and will get the Mini up tomorrow since I finally figured it out.
It almost looks three dimensional.

Yes, that's a really great way to describe its looks! :) Extremely attractive guitar!....(drool) ;D
Cindy

dsamuel24

• www.dustinsamuel.com
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »
What are some folks doing to post pics so small? Is there another method (other than posting pics to Photobucket, et al, and then copying the "direct link" of the web-posted photo into the body of the UTGF post text) that is allowing people to post pics in a tiny format? Obviously there is, since it's happening, and I'm wondering if we can try to bring them up to speed on the way to post much larger pics, for all of our benefit? Can we inform users (in a sticky, perhaps?) how to use the "other/better" way so that we can all see the beautiful detail that only a large photo can show? I've seen 3-5 users in the last week post tiny pics and thought it might be time to educate the forum as a whole.  ;D Cindy? Michael? Josh? Would this be helpful? (If so, and none of you have the time/desire to post it, I can do so.)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
I've run into the file size issue and was wondering the same thing.  I had to downsize the pictures quality twice to get them up here on the forum.  Still working on the Mini.

I also wondered about resizing once they are here, the pics I put up are long and small and when I click on them they get larger than the screen and I have to scroll which reduces - IMO - the impact of seeing the image in one frame.  These guitars we post here are so very beautiful.

dsamuel24

• www.dustinsamuel.com
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 02:53:55 PM »
I've run into the file size issue and was wondering the same thing.  I had to downsize the pictures quality twice to get them up here on the forum.  Still working on the Mini.

I also wondered about resizing once they are here, the pics I put up are long and small and when I click on them they get larger than the screen and I have to scroll which reduces - IMO - the impact of seeing the image in one frame.  These guitars we post here are so very beautiful.

Hey TP516 - what methodology are you using to post pics? I use the "standard" AFG method, which is longer and more cumbersome, but WELL worth it for the size and quality of images I am able to post. I believe ALL the users that post big, beautiful, detailed pics here on the UTGF are using the same "standard" method of pic posting, which is...

1) Edit your digital pic(s) in Photoshop or other image editing software, to get it cropped, levels adjusted, and re-sized to about 8-10 inches wide in 72 dpi resolution. (this step is not mandatory, but very helpful)

2) POST your pic (or pics) to a free photo hosting site (I use Photobucket.com, but Flkr.com and other work just as well). Organize multiple pic posts of different guitars (or whatever else) into separate albums.

3) Start a post in the UTGF (or reply to a post), CLICK ON THE "INSERT IMAGE" ICON (left side, 2nd row down, just above all the smileys) and you will get this text to pop up... [img][img] with the cursor flashing in between the 2 "img" brackets.

4) Navigate over to your Photobucket/Flkr/Other site (where you have ALREADY posted the pics you want to share on UTGF) and select the ONE PHOTO you want to share right now. Mouse over the image thumbnail (without clicking) and a list of options will appear, one of which is called "Direct Link". Click on the "Direct Link" choice and the URL of that photo will be copied into your computers pasteboard.

5) Navigate back to the UTGF post you have in progress and PASTE (Ctrl-V on a PC) the "Direct Link" URL you just copied from the Photobucket site in between the 2 [img] brackets. THAT'S IT... YOU HAVE JUST POSTED A HUGE, BEAUTIFUL PIC TO THE UTGF!!  ;D

6) Repeat steps 1-5 for each and every pic you wold like to post, now or in the future.

Hopefully this helps. I think I will start a thread on this.

(MODS/JOSH - IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COPY/PASTE THESE DIRECTIONS INTO A STICKY FOR ALL TO SEE, PLEASE FEEL FREE.)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 04:52:01 PM »
Hi Dsamuel:

I just posted the picture as an attachment.  I don't post any pics on AGF BC of having to go thru the xtra steps to post as you describe.  I will check out the sites you mentioned as that way does result in a better picture.  I noticed my pics came over small but when I click on them they get big - is that just me or does it happen to you too?

The method I used was not as easy as I had hoped as I had to take the picture and then edit it several times to get it below the attachment size limits.

dsamuel24

• www.dustinsamuel.com
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 05:03:55 PM »
Hi Dsamuel:

I just posted the picture as an attachment.  I don't post any pics on AGF BC of having to go thru the xtra steps to post as you describe.  I will check out the sites you mentioned as that way does result in a better picture.  I noticed my pics came over small but when I click on them they get big - is that just me or does it happen to you too?

The method I used was not as easy as I had hoped as I had to take the picture and then edit it several times to get it below the attachment size limits.

Huh, that actually worked (clicking on the small pic and it auto-enlarges within the frame of the post). I tried that with others' small pic posts in other threads and it didn't work - the small pic didn't enlarge in the post window, nor did it open a new window with a larger pic (which is what I was expecting it to do), it just sat there, small. I haven't ever "attached" a pic to a post... how do you do that? I like it a lot more now that it enlarges in the frame of the post... those small pics are next door to worthless in my book if they don't enlarge (and again, my experience had led me to believe they did NOT enlarge when clicked, but yours did).

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 05:20:05 PM »
I too noticed there were other pics that do not enlarge.  I just took the pic with my phone, used an app on the same phone to downsize the photo.  The limits are 128kb per item and 192 total for attachments - up to 4.  Then sent it to my computer and saved as a .jpg on my desktop.

Then when posting to the forum open the item below the frame that says attachments and then attach as you would to an email.  It's a bit of a pain with the size limitation.