Author Topic: Let's see your vids!!  (Read 5992 times)

mea1970

Re: Let's see your vids!!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 02:21:21 PM »
thanks all, i could not be happier with this guitar. i'm inspired every day! i'd like to start working on some andy mckee type stuff, but this guitar is too pretty to slap!  :D
-----------------------------
'12 Taylor GC Macassar Ebony/Sinker
'11 Taylor GS Mini
'83 Les Paul
Ron Kirn custom Telecaster
Reverend Reeves Gabrels Signature
Reverend PA-1 hollow body

dougboy1970

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 08:39:25 AM »
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/7235108-rachel-potter-hits-the-small-stage/

okay, here's a recent clip of me playing on local cbs news here in nyc. there's a brief interview at first, and one really nice close up of the sinker top around 3:00 in :)

i also had the good fortune to record this tune on her recent cd.

Went for my Bose headphones for this one.  You killed it.  Rachel sings beautifully, but I just wanted to hear you play that guitar.  It had so much depth and warmth without sacrificing mids.  Great job, and you seemed unfazed by the "different" setting.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:45:02 AM by dougboy1970 »

dougboy1970

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »

okay, here's a recent clip of me playing on local cbs news here in nyc. there's a brief interview at first, and one really nice close up of the sinker top around 3:00 in :)

Went for my Bose headphones for this one.  You killed it.  Rachel sings beautifully, but I just wanted to hear you play that guitar.  It had so much depth and warmth without sacrificing mids.  Great job, and you seemed unfazed by the "different" setting.

QUESTIONS:

1. was your guitar only mic'd (man, they killed the sound and your positioning if that's the case)?  Sounded perfect.
2. were there monitors and a pa?  I don't see monitors or ear buds, so were you guys just playing acoustically and hearing yourselves without amplification and the tv producers just drawing the sound through the mics for viewers to hear?

mea1970

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 11:37:13 PM »

QUESTIONS:

1. was your guitar only mic'd (man, they killed the sound and your positioning if that's the case)?  Sounded perfect.
2. were there monitors and a pa?  I don't see monitors or ear buds, so were you guys just playing acoustically and hearing yourselves without amplification and the tv producers just drawing the sound through the mics for viewers to hear?

First, thank you for the kind words. You're right, Rachel is terrific and I had the privilege of recording this tune on her EP which just came out on itunes. Yes, the guitar was simply mic'd, and yes, there was at least one monitor right in front of us. This was by far the best sound I've evr experienced on a tv set, these nyc cbs guys know their stuff! Taylor knocked it out of the park with this one too, such a beautifully balanced instrument. Thanks again, really appreciate it.
'11 Taylor GS Mini
'83 Les Paul

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »
Wow, BB - that's a very moving song.

mea1970

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
not a Taylor, but this is basically an unboxing video of my new Strat, which i am absolutely in love with! just a quick vid
shot at my workplace. (silly co-workers commentary included)   :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUuU4LtZps&feature=g-upl
'11 Taylor GS Mini
'83 Les Paul

mea1970

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 01:00:05 PM »
http://vimeo.com/28202430

here's one i'd forgotten about. Taylor Solidbody with a kind of cool twist. Shot from the headstock at The Living Room in
nyc. Little solo on the outro.
'11 Taylor GS Mini
'83 Les Paul