Author Topic: Hello from Indiana  (Read 1559 times)

pottski

Hello from Indiana
« on: April 18, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I've been a member of the Acoustic Guitar Forum for about a year now and have been playing bass and guitar for a little more than 10 years. I play mostly modern praise and worship style music because that is pretty much all I can play (I'm working on changing that though). I currently play acoustic with the band at church and also have my own band that really only plays out a few times a year. My current acoustic is a Dean Exotica Bubinga that I have had since 2002 and it is a great guitar. Though I don't have a Taylor guitar in my possession at the moment, I was the proud owner of a beautiful 714ce for a couple of years ( I traded it for a Gibson J-185 EC), and I have been in love with the Taylor 400 series guitars since the first time I played one. I'm very excited right now because I am about to be a Taylor owner once again. I sold the J-185 and some other equipment and just ordered a BTO Grand Auditorium in Adirondack and Ovangkol. I just discovered this forum today and am really excited to be a part of this community!
Custom GA Adirondack/Ovangkol
MIM Fender Telecaster
Luna Safari Muse
Dean Exotica Bubinga
Epi LEs Paul Bass

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Hello from Indiana
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:14:37 PM »
Hi Pottski!  We're very glad to have you here!  Promise us that you'll post pics of your BTO when it comes in!!! 

Make yourself at home!   ;)
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:17:11 PM »
 Hi. Welcome to the site.
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 05:09:17 PM »
Hi pottski and welcome! :) A BTO with Adi and Ovangkol sounds awesome! Please be sure to let us know when you receive it! :D
Cindy

pottski

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »
I'll definitely post some pics of the BTO when it arrives. The suspense is killing me though. It's only been two weeks since I ordered it so it could be another 8 before it gets here :o
Custom GA Adirondack/Ovangkol
MIM Fender Telecaster
Luna Safari Muse
Dean Exotica Bubinga
Epi LEs Paul Bass

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 08:56:06 AM »
It's only been two weeks since I ordered it so it could be another 8 before it gets here
A lot like Christmas as a little kid, the wait can kill ya.

Welcome the the site Pottski.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

414Ltd

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 11:26:40 PM »
Welcome Pottski.  Your BTO sounds like something pretty close to what I would do with a BTO.  Can't wait for pics and a review.  What part of Indiana?  I just joined from the northwest corner . . . you know, the central time zone part :-)

Keep us posted if you get updated with the progress of your build.

Neil